CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Devops Engineer in Lafayette, Louisiana
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Category: Project Management
City: Lafayette, Louisiana, US United States
Position ID: J1121-2838
Employment Type: Full Time
The ideal candidate is self-sufficient and intrinsically motivated to solve progressively challenging business and technical challenges. They solve problems diligently and thoroughly, and have a desire to go above and beyond to help the team succeed. This candidate is a team-player, who is quick to share credit, and prioritizes team success and wins over individual accomplishments. This candidate willingly aligns their work with the team’s goals and values. They are confident in their abilities and can contribute their ideas and skills openly and constructively.
They ask good questions, listen to what others are saying, and stay engaged in conversations intently. The ideal candidate has a strong interested in DevOps, CI/CD, installing and supporting applications and tools within the SDLC lifecycle, and is able to thoroughly troubleshoot issues. They are a continuous learner, and should also be comfortable sharing knowledge with other members on the team. This candidate is able to seek out answers to questions they may have, and also knows when to ask for assistance.
Technologies and concepts needed to be familiar with
• Continuous Integrations and Delivery (Jenkins or similar)
• Configuration scripting languages (Ansible, Puppet, Chef, or similar)
• Linux servers (CentOS and RHEL)
• Enterprise application networking
• General Software Automation principles
• Containerization, Docker/K8S operation
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Develop high-quality services, participate in design discussions
• Coordinate with product and platform teams on regular maintenance, improve availability, scalability, and performance of the CI/CD environment.
• Apply and develop expertise in architecting and implementing production grade kubernetes cluster environment that provides end to end capabilities such as provisioning, configuring, networking, monitoring, logging, tuning and security compliance.
• Build, install, configure, troubleshoot multiple custom-built applications
• Deploy code and secure environments for several applications
• Participate in Kanban and/or Scrum meetings to plan, prioritize, estimate work
• Work with Developers and Testers to troubleshoot specific issues including recreating tests, validating configuration, etc.
• Enable higher-quality software services through DevOps culture and tooling
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 4-year degree in Computer Science or similar field
• 0-2 years of experience with open-source technologies, cybersecurity practices
• Configuration and Orchestration Management Tools (Example: Ansible, Jenkins)
• GIT experience or similar source control tools
• Linux operating system administration
• Virtual Infrastructure – Azure (and/or AWS Experience), VMWare
• Familiarity with Agile Software Development processes
• Atlassian tools, e.g. JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket
As a Federal Contractor, all members of CGI Federal, regardless of role or work location are required to be fully vaccinated effective January 18th 2022 under the current policy, and be willing to provide proof of status, with the exception of those with approved medical or religious accommodations
• Experience with microservice architecture and development
Due to the nature of government contracts, US citizenship is required
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.