CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Database Administrator in Lafayette, Louisiana
Find similar career opportunities
Category: Database Administration
City: Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
Position ID: J0918-1577
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
This is an exciting Database Administrator opportunity, which requires an individual with the ability to work in a dynamic environment supporting multiple projects simultaneously. The ideal candidate is able to quickly adapt to often new and complicated technical concepts and will work closely with other technical (e.g., application, infrastructure, CM) and functional teams to provide database support for CGI’s Advantage® ERP Product Development team.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
CGI’s Advantage® ERP Product Development team.
Responsibilities include installation and configuration, backup and recovery support, DDL/DML patch development, troubleshooting performance issues, and database issue support for various database products including Oracle, SQL Server, and MongoDB. The candidate’s primary function will be to support the product engineering and client engagement teams supporting the CGI Advantage suite of products. This opportunity will include providing maintenance and support of databases and VMs for developers, issue triage, sales and training environments.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
For this role, CGI is looking for an individual with experience working on enterprise-scale, multi-tiered, multi-platform, integrated systems; excellent problem solving skills; a strong work ethic that takes full ownership of assignments; a proven history of meeting target dates and being very responsive to requests for assistance; and the ability to effectively work with other geographically distributed team members and other teams. This position has minimal travel requirements, potentially a few times a year for team meetings/training or for direct client support.
• This CGI organization operates a high-quality delivery model and the candidate is expected to perform at “meets” or “exceeds” levels within that context for all deliverables. The Advantage program is presently engaged in DevOps and internal process improvement initiatives, and the candidate will be an active agile participant in the implementation and utilization of the DevOps toolset. The candidate will report to the Strategic Services (DevOps) CM/DBA Manager and be responsible for the following:
• Performing DML/DDL analysis and design for patches to support the Advantage solution.
• Troubleshoot database issues in support of any of the supported internal facing regions, working with developers and other stakeholders as required to identify and resolve the issue.
• Perform database requirements analysis, installation and configuration to support the development and other supported regions.
• Follow standards for software installation and configuration, striving for consistency, repeatability, and scalability across the portfolio. Provide input towards the enhancement of processes and standards and supporting the organization’s DevOps initiative.
• Implement standards and processes to ensure that all DB changes/design is produced with proper integrity, performance and quality.
• Ability to work flexible hours as determined by project and/or team needs in support of client and service level agreement (SLA) requirements.
• 1-3 years’ experience with Database Administration of Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server.
• Comfortable working in both UNIX/Linux and Windows Server virtualized environments.
• Solid experience in Oracle and SQL Server database server installation, setup, backup, database design, management and implementation.
• Experience with data migration including data export/import, ETL execution, and SQL scripting preferably with Oracle 11g/12c and SQL Server.
• Experience with Oracle upgrades, cross-platform migrations, and capacity planning to provide strategic direction for database environments.
• Experience in Performance Tuning and Optimization, using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools in Oracle and SQL Server including operating system performance
• (Bonus/Preferred) Understanding of, and experience with relational database environments with agile/scrum/DevOps methodology
• (Bonus) Experience with automation tools such as Jenkins, Ansible, and/or Atlassian Suite.
• (Bonus) Ability to travel and perform tasks at client site on rare occasion.
• (Bonus) Experience with Azure SQL.
• Functional Skills:
• Ability to create, understand, and maintain detailed technical documentation.
• Strong problem solving skills in a complex, multi-tiered integrated environment with the ability to understand the inter-relationship between the various components and layers.
• Ability to work in non-conventional environment with virtual CGI and client teams spanning time zones across the U.S. and India.
• Independent and self-motivated with the desire and work ethic to thrive and excel in this geographically distributed team work environment.
• Strong communication skills (both written and verbal) to work synergistically with members from multiple teams and cultures.
• Database Administration - 1-3 years’ experience
• Any ERP Solution (e.g. Oracle Financial/HR) - 1-3 years’ experience
• Database Configuration Management - 1-3 years’ experience
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.