CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Cloud Network Engineer in Lafayette, Louisiana
Cloud Network Engineer
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Cloud Network Engineer
City: Lafayette, Louisiana, US United States
Position ID: J0121-0187
Employment Type: Full Time
Cloud Network Engineer: Overall, the Network Engineer will be responsible for the design, implementation, maintenance, and support our growing cloud network infrastructure. You will be part of a team that is responsible for designing and developing scalable, maintainable, highly available network architectures that meet business objectives and SLAs. This is a "hands-on" position requiring solid technical skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Engineering of SA-related solutions for various projects and operational needs.
• Configure firewall rules, IPS, routing, and VPNs. Test and monitor connectivity and network performance in major Cloud Service Provider (CSP) environments and external connections (both physical and VPN). Troubleshoot network issues.
• Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations
• Configure and install various network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN, QoS) in both virtual and physical environments.
• Monitor performance and ensure system availability and reliability
• Monitor system resource utilization, trending, and capacity planning
• Provide Level-2/3 support and troubleshooting to resolve issues
• Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure
• Select and implement security tools, policies, and procedures in conjunction with the company's security team
• Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
• Provide 24x7 support for critical production systems.
• Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours.
• Share domain and technical expertise, providing technical mentorship and cross-training to other peers and team members.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Associates degree with 5+ years Network Engineer experience require.
• Understanding of network security, including IPS.
• Knowledge of Palo Alto firewalls or other Next Generation Firewalls (NGFW), preferably in both physical and virtual environments.
• Understanding of WAN routing and connectivity, including MPLS and VPN.
• Experience working with Linux and Windows server, including Active Directory and DNS
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Flexible, team player, "get-it-done" personality
• Ability to organize and plan work independently
• Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
• Ability to multi-task and context-switch effectively between different activities and teams
• Experience working with AWS or Azure Cloud based services is required
• CCNP, AWS/Azure certifications is preferred
• CCIE, Net+, CISSP or other relevant certifications are desirable
• FedRAMP, NIST and FISMA compliance, Federal procurement, security and Authorization and Accreditation (A&A) processes, VMWare, IT Service
• Experience in AWS VPC and Azure VNets is highly desirable as well.
• Experience with AWS CloudFormation, Azure ARM or Terraform templates is desirable.
• Due to the nature of the government contracts we support, US Citizenship is required.
- Network Administration
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.