CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Business Data Analyst in Lafayette, Louisiana
Business Data Analyst
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Business Data Analyst
Category: Business Analysis (functional and technical)
City: Lafayette, Louisiana, US United States
Position ID: J1021-1901
Employment Type: Full Time
Join this dynamic organization as a Business Data analyst! With your expertise, you will work with a high-performing team to consult and develop solutions for a major client. You will support and interact with the client daily with a focus across the organization. You will have the opportunity to show/grow with technology in a customer-facing role. You should be able to work independently under limited supervision and apply your knowledge. You should have sufficient knowledge and maturity to effectively deal with business needs and technical issues and help to support the broader team. Your success will be directly related to CGI’s and our client’s success.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Interacting with business and IT teams of various application to understand their data, database and flow within the systems
• Analyzing the application DB to identify the relations, foreign keys, constraints based on scope provided by application team
• Work with DBA and Data Modeller to design new in-scope data model for every application to be used by Optim to archive and purge the data
• Should coordinate and work with all stake holders such as App team, DBA, Business, Legal others to come to common grounds for designing a working model for every app.
• Should be open to learn new tools and technologies and also shift within project needs.
• Complete work following Agile development methodology and concepts
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Expertise in SQL writing and Data Analysis
• Expertise in understanding RI, constraints, data relation and flow
• 4-5 years of experience in several types of databases – DB2 (LUW/Mainframe), Oracle, PostgreSQL, Hadoop others
• Experience in analyzing the database and coming up with solution design per business and application needs
• Expertise in communicating with DBA, understanding all DBA terminologies and working closely with them.
• Experience in testing, debugging and solution designing
• Experience in requirement gathering
• Experience with production environment handling
•Experience in solely handling client business calls and gathering requirements and working with client DBAs.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS/NON-ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
• Familiarity with Agile development methodology and concepts
• Knowledge of Hadoop ecosystem, hive, hql and hbase
• Knowledge of IBM-OPTIM tool is preferable
• Demonstrated ability and interest in learning new technologies
• Candidates should be self-starters and have the ability to work in a fast paced, demanding, and rapidly changing environment
• Ability to perform detailed analysis of business problems and technical environments.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Strong teamwork and collaboration skills.
• Health Care / Health Services business area subject matter expertise preferred
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.