CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Business Analyst/Project Management Analyst in Lafayette, Louisiana
Business Analyst/Project Management Analyst
- Log in
Find similar career opportunities
Business Analyst/Project Management Analyst
Category: Business Analysis (functional and technical)
City: Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
Position ID: J1019-2201
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
CGI is in the top 5 largest global IT companies spread across 40 countries with endless opportunities to expand and grow. As a CGI Federal Member, you have the opportunity to be a shareholder at CGI and join a family of 75,000 members strong. This position is NOT at a customer location. The CGI federal office is in Fairfax, VA, where you will join a cutting edge technology team delivering modern and flexible solutions for the federal government. Limited telework opportunities are available.
The Business Analyst/Project Management Analyst will support the Enterprise Solutions Group (ESG) in ensuring the successful delivery of solutions and services. This person will work across teams to support their planning activities, to assist in tracking and reporting status, and to coordinate communications and information availability on task areas as assigned. This person will work under the guidance of Product, Program, and Delivery Managers to ensure that CGI Federal solutions and services are delivered on schedule, on budget, on scope, and at a high level of quality. The ideal candidate is detail oriented, is a strong user of office automation tools, has a basic understanding of technologies, and is familiar with budget and project tracking and reporting. The ideal candidate will also provide proactive, timely, and reliable communications to establish and maintain a transparent work environment at all times.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
The Business Analyst/Project Management Analyst is looking to join a global technology leader and want to join a winning team to grow yourself and your career. You are eager to face challenges and truly embrace the challenge of building large and complex solutions. You are not afraid to roll up your sleeves, doing whatever it takes to ensure that the ESG team is successful.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to,:
Project planning: support project setup, tools, standards, and administrative functions
• Task, schedule, quality management: provide hands-on recording, tracking, and reporting for meetings, project activities, and action items.
• Scope control: understand requirements and track them through delivery, including support to scrum masters as needed with backlog maintenance.
• Risk management: identify and document risks and issues and escalate key items to senior management.
• Reporting: monitor progress and provide independent reporting of assigned areas of responsibility.
• Financial management: understands basic project financial management. Supports the Program Manager and/or senior management on forecasting, financial tracking, and reporting.
• Account management: establishes relationships across application development, solution architecture, and shared services teams.
• Process management: assist with the implementation and execution of processes to ensure efficient and effective operations and high quality services and solutions.
• Communications: preparation of documents, briefings, and other materials needed to support ESG activities.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• A Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 4-5 years of professional experience in a business environment.
• Must possess analytical skills and a proven ability for process innovations and workflow improvements.
• Solid proficiency with MS Office or similar products, including word processing, project management, spreadsheet, presentation, and drawing programs.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with executive, technical, and non-technical persons
• Ability to multitask and to manage multiple priorities.
• Aptitude for problem solving, with an understanding of when to proceed and when to escalate issues.
• Ability to maintain composure and tact under pressure.
• Quick learner with keen research skills.
• Experience using Atlassian JIRA and Confluence software, or other project management tools
• Ability to work in an agile environment
• Direct experience with Scrum
• Experience working with a remote team
• Prior experience as a Business Analyst or Systems Analyst is a plus
Agile & DevOps
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.