CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Big Data Engineer (AWS EMR & Hadoop) in Lafayette, Louisiana
Big Data Engineer (AWS EMR & Hadoop)
- Log in
Find similar career opportunities
Big Data Engineer (AWS EMR & Hadoop)
City: Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
Position ID: J0920-0860
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
Join this exciting new initiative as a Big Data Engineer with Hadoop and AWS EMR specialization!
With your expertise with data engineering with Hadoop and EMR, you will work with a high-performing team to design and develop solutions to move Hadoop workloads and data from on-prem systems to AWS EMR.
Qualified candidates for this position must have deep understanding of AWS EMR and Hadoop and the ability to communicate with customers to understand their needs. You should have experience creating data solutions while working with Hadoop and/or EMR.
You will work with a high-performing team to develop solutions. You will support and interact with the team daily in an Agile way of working. You will have the opportunity to show/grow with technology in a customer-facing role. You should be able to work independently under limited supervision and apply your knowledge. You should have sufficient knowledge and maturity to effectively deal with technical issues and help to support the broader team. Your success will be directly related to CGI’s success.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Manages, Performs and delivers the IT service with which she or he is associated
• Develops and implements Enterprise Cloud & Hybrid Cloud Strategies leveraging AWS
• Executes cloud migrations from on-prem Hadoop workloads to AWS EMR including Application Rationalization and Modernization strategies
• Work with CGI Architects and Experts to build solution according to requirements
• Manages and Prepares technical deliverables and/or provides input to other deliverables related to the IT service
• Troubleshoot technical and business issues and provide options for resolution
• Strong knowledge of AWS cloud technologies required
• Design, development, coding, testing, and debugging of software
• Ensures that software meets or exceeds specified standards and end-user requirements
• Communicating with stakeholders
• Working in Agile methodologies
• Positive attitude with high degree of professionalism and unwavering commitment
• Desire to learn new technologies
• Self-motivated and can work with very little supervision in a team environment
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
The candidate should have below skills and expertise.
• 10+ years of experience in software development
• 7+ years of experience working with Big Data Technologies
• 5+ years hands on experience with Hadoop Design and Development work
• 4+ years hands-on experience with AWS technologies with at least 1-2 years on EMR
• Experience with developer tools such as Git, SVN and Maven
• Should have hands on working experience with RDBMS/SQL and schema design
• Strong written and communication skills
• Networking (DNS, Firewall)
• Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery Experience
• Source Control (Git)
• Agile delivery experience
• Experience and understanding of the following core component of AWS (client, storage, compute, virtualization, CloudWatch, Lambda, VPC, Security Roles [IAM], Cloud Formation, Redshift)
• Experience implementing Data strategies tailored to cloud and hybrid cloud implementations
• Experience with complex data model supporting multi-faceted business process
• Fair amount of understanding of DevOps practices
• Expertise in Agile delivery
• Experience with AWS Glue, Redshift, Lambda, S3, data pipeline, node.js and Python is required
• Good to have knowledge on CloudBees, AWS Event Bridge and Okta.
• Self-motivated and highly professional
• Effective verbal and written communications skills
• Effective interaction with peers, team members and business partners
• Demonstrates application delivery experience as part of a project team
• Strong organizational and prioritization skills
• Able to meet deadlines working independently and directing others
Minimum Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Skill Set Years of Experience Proficiency Level
Software Development 10+ years Expert
Big Data (Hadoop and AWS EMR) 7+ years Expert
GIT / Jenkins 2+ years Intermediate
AWS 4+ years Intermediate
DevOps 2+ years Intermediate
AWS Big Data
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.