CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. AWS Solutions Architect in Lafayette, Louisiana
AWS Solutions Architect
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
AWS Solutions Architect
City: Lafayette, Louisiana, US United States
Position ID: J0421-1759
Employment Type: Full Time
Join this exciting new project as an AWS Solutions Architect! With your expertise you will work with a high-performing team to architect and design solutions for a major client.
We are looking for experienced and highly motivated technologists who possess technical depth and strong interpersonal skills. As an AWS solution architect, you will lead technical workshops, advise customers on architectural and strategic IT decisions and design highly scalable, flexible and resilient cloud architectures that address customer business challenges. As a trusted customer advocate, the solutions architect will help organizations understand best practices around advanced AWS cloud-based solutions. The ability to connect technology with measurable business value is critical to a solutions architect.
The ideal candidate is passionate to develop deep expertise in the AWS technologies as well as broad know-how around how applications and services are constructed using the AWS platform. She/he will possess customer facing skills that will allow them to drive discussions with senior personnel within the company, as well as a technical background that enables them to easily interact and give guidance with software developers and architects.
She/he should also have a demonstrated ability to think structured about business, product, and technical challenges. As an AWS solution architect, you will enjoy keeping your existing technical skills honed and developing new ones, so you can make strong contributions to deep architecture discussions.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Understand the customers business & application requirements and translate them into system / technical requirements
• Develop a strategy/roadmap to meet the business objective of the client
• Provide exceptional AWS technical design and thought leadership
• Lead technical workshops and advise customers on architectural and strategic IT decisions
• Ensure success in designing, building and migrating applications, software, and services on the AWS platform
• Educate customers on best practices to ensure their solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud
• Work with other teams to ensure quality and customer success
• Capture and share knowledge with our broader technical experts community
• Provide both pre-sales architecture support to drive sales along
• Ensures that software meets or exceeds specified standards and end-user requirements
• Communicating with stakeholders
• Working in Agile methodologies and building CICD pipelines
• Positive attitude with high degree of professionalism and unwavering commitment to client satisfaction
• Desire to learn new technologies
• Self-motivated and can work with very little supervision in a team environment
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Minimum of 12 years enterprise IT application experience that includes at least 7 years of hands-on software development, DevOps engineering, systems administration, and/or systems architecture
• Hands-on AWS Architecture, Design, and Development experience is a must-have!
• Well-rounded knowledge of systems, network, security, storage, cloud products and technologies in differing environments
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
• Demonstrated ability to architect and implement solutions on AWS
• Significant experience in infrastructure architecture, database architecture, networking and security
• History of successful technical consulting and architecture engagements with large-scale customers or enterprises
• Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT Management, and developers.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
• Experience working within the software development or Internet industries is highly desired.
• AWS Certified Solution Architect – Associate or Professional is required
• Strong written and communication skills
• Demonstrated experience leading or developing high quality, enterprise-scale distributed applications using modern software development practices and technologies is highly desired
Additional Certifications Preferred
• AWS Certification: AWS Certified Solutions Architect Professional (Associate certification is a must)
• AWS Certification: AWS Certified SysOps Admin - Associate
• Bachelors Degree in Computer Science is highly desired
Skill Set/Years of Experience/Proficiency Level
Software Design and Development
Network, Security, Storage
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS/NON-ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
Skill Set/Years of Experience
Minimum Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Est. Salary Range (Colorado Only): $107,000-$150,000*
*Disclaimer: In accordance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, effective January 1, 2021, a good faith hourly or base salary range must be posted for all positions where the work may be performed in the state of Colorado. Therefore, this good faith salary range will only apply where this described position will be performed in the state, and should not be considered the compensation range in other locations or for other positions.
At CGI we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment;
• Back-up child care, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more
AWS Big Data
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.