CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Application Developer- Tableau in Lafayette, Louisiana
Application Developer- Tableau
Find similar career opportunities
Application Developer- Tableau
City: Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
Position ID: J1218-1323
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI is looking for a Tableau Developer to join our dynamic team in Lafayette, LA.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• A BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other technical degree.
• 10 + years experience object oriented application development in Tableau with SQL
• Design & develop interactive dashboards with Tableau using advanced visualization techniques.
• As a Tableau Architect, will work hand in hand with multiple business and engineering teams to run the Data Visualization Platform.
• Serve as analytics & visualization lead tableau architect to build innovative solutions to support multiple teams .
• Build intuitive interfaces, infographics, and visualizations with storytelling dashboards.
• Model data and transform as per visualization need with efficiency. • Create or refine data visualization guidelines, toolkits and processes. •
• Rapidly iterate, prototype, and implement data visualizations using advanced design and development skills.
• Work in a fast-paced Agile environment especially as it pertains to new idea generation.
• Learn quickly and be excited by big challenges.
• Publish automated, interactive dashboards to end-consumers using Tableau Server.
• Comfortable working independently and collaboratively.
• Understanding of data modeling based on specifications.
• Adhere to established source control versioning policies and procedures
• Maintains communication with management and customers regarding status of software development and problems.
• Well organized
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 10+ years of experience with Tableau development and analyzing data.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, or related field preferred
• Experience working with design and coding languages
• Must have the ability to create, standardize, and support technology platforms using
• Experience working with software design principles
• Ability to communicate highly technical issues, approaches, etc to functional/management and offer solutions to business problems
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.