CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Angular Developer in Lafayette, Louisiana
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Category: Software Development/ Engineering
City: Lafayette, Louisiana, US United States
Position ID: J0921-2818
Employment Type: Full Time
Join this dynamic organization as an Angular Developer! With your expertise, you will work with a high-performing team to consult and develop solutions for a major client. You will support and interact with the client daily with a focus across the organization. You will have the opportunity to show/grow with technology in a customer-facing role. You should be able to work independently under limited supervision and apply your knowledge. You should have sufficient knowledge and maturity to effectively deal with technical issues and help to support the broader team. Your success will be directly related to CGI’s and our client’s success.
This role is located in Lafayette, LA.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Developing and maintaining high-quality client software using Angular and TypeScript
• Working with other like-minded high performers within an Agile environment
• Working with Product Managers and UI/UX Designers to refine scope
• Working with others on architecture and system design
• Writing unit tests and automation tests to prevent regressions
• Occasionally assisting with the investigation and resolution of support issues
• Using your deep understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues to find ways to work around them
• Using your experience to contribute to the continuous improvement of our processes and culture
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 5-7+ years of experience working as a Front End / UI Developer
• Experience with building and deploying Angular applications
• HTML, CSS3, Unit Testing and Automation, AngularJS, Angular, Coding
• A solid understanding of the full web technology stack (e.g. HTTP, cookies, headers, asset loading and caching)
• Working experience using RESTful APIs
• A proficient understanding of distributed version control tools and source control strategies
• Excellent communications skills
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS/NON-ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
• Experience working in agile environments
• Demonstrated ability and interest in learning new technologies
• Candidates should be self-starters and have the ability to work in a fast paced, demanding, and rapidly changing environment
• Ability to perform detailed analysis of business problems and technical environments.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Strong teamwork and collaboration skills.
• Health Care / Health Services business area subject matter expertise preferred
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science on related discipline with at least 5+ years of recent experience designing, developing, deploying, and supporting computing applications in a large-scale, midrange, and distributed environment as a Technical Lead / Senior Software Engineer
Skill Set/Years of Experience/Proficiency Level
HTML, CSS3, Unit Testing and Automation
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.