CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Sr Angular Developer in Knoxville, Tennessee
Sr Angular Developer
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Sr Angular Developer
Category: Software Development/ Engineering
City: Knoxville, Tennessee, US United States
Position ID: J0122-0218
Employment Type: Full Time
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Collaborate with the stakeholders, the users, the build team and other development partners to implement state-of-the-art user experiences.
• Engage with architects/product team to comprehend functional challenges, prototype new ideas, and new technologies, and help to create innovative UX solutions.
• Design and architect a modern highly responsive web-based user interface for Microservices based web application.
• Leverage the latest tools and techniques of web UI/UX Development spectrum.
• Understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements.
• Develop the latest user-facing features using React.js, Angular, and/or Node.js.
• Build reusable components and front-end libraries for future use.
• Translating designs and wireframes into high-quality code.
• Optimizing components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers.
• Mentor UI developers, which may include performing code reviews.
• Suggest tools, technologies, and best practices that improve stability.
• Coordinate with back-end developers in the process of building the RESTful API.
• Empower UI teams in following best coding standards.
• As a front-end developer, be involved from conception to completion with projects that are technologically sound and aesthetically impressive.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Skills in one or more frameworks/libraries like jQuery or Bootstrap.
• Strong expertise with HTML5, CSS5, and writing cross-browser compatible code.
• Experience with CSS precompilers like Sass and LESS.
• Experience in developing complex Angular applications, directives, controllers, services.
• Thorough understanding of React.js and popular React.js workflows (such as Flux or Redux).
• Experience with testing frameworks like Jasmine, Karma, Mocha.
• Experience writing Section 508 compliant code is a plus.
• Familiarity with RESTful APIs.
• Understanding of Java web application technology stack (core Java, spring core, Spring MVC, Hibernate, REST).
• Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools, and continuous integration using Maven and Jenkins.
• A knack for benchmarking and optimization.
• Familiarity with code versioning tools such as Git/GitHub.
• Excellent conceptual and critical thinking capabilities.
• Self-directed and self-motivated with the ability to take charge or play a supporting role.
• Clear written and verbal communications skills.
• Critical thinker and problem-solving skills.
As a Federal Contractor, all members of CGI Federal, regardless of role or work location are required to be fully vaccinated effective January 18th 2022 under the current policy, and be willing to provide proof of status, with the exception of those with approved medical or religious accommodations
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.