CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Service Reliaibility Engineer (SRE) in Knoxville, Tennessee
Service Reliaibility Engineer (SRE)
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Service Reliaibility Engineer (SRE)
City: Knoxville, Tennessee, US United States
Position ID: J0321-3225
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: Committed to helping its professionals and clients
CGI has an immediate need for a Service Reliability Engineer to join our financial services team in Knoxville, TN. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a fast-paced team environment supporting one of the largest leaders in the secondary mortgage industry. We take an innovative approach to supporting our client, working side-by-side in an agile environment using emerging technologies.
• We partner with 15 of the top 20 banks globally, and our top 10 banking clients have worked with us for an average of 26 years!
• We have over 73,000+ CGI Members in 40 countries and over 5k+ loyal Clients who are leveraging our end-to-end services across the globe
As a valued contributor to our team, you will could be responsible for the design, production, testing, and implementation of software, technology, or processes across multiple projects, programs, or products, as well as create and maintain IT architecture, large-scale data stores, and cloud-based systems.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
You will apply expertise in software and systems engineering to ensure that both of the client's internal critical and externally visible systems meet the appropriate performance needs of our users. You will be expected to:
• Drive technical capabilities for increasing SRE value proposition across the enterprise
• Enable standardization, and adopt application reliability metrics and improve application health
• Serve as a change agent in educating internal and external customers on reliability, promote SRE service capabilities, influence customers in adopting SRE services and best practices, measure and showcase the added value through metrics
• Strategize portfolio & program reliability by working with cross-functional IT organizations and build roadmaps to drive reliability into the product
• Educate and coach junior resources on application and infrastructure reliability and best practices
• Become the go-to person for all technical needs of the SRE group
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 6+ years of relevant professional experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with experience presenting information and/or ideas to an audience in a way that is engaging and easy to understand
• Experience defining, measuring, and improving Reliability Metrics (SLO/SLI), Observability (Monitoring, Logging-Tracing solutions), Operations Processes (Incident, Problem Management), and Operations Toil Reduction through Automation
• Skilled in cloud technologies and cloud computing to include Amazon Web Services (AWS) offerings, development, and networking platforms
• Experience architecting solutions for the design and implementation of applications in the cloud
• Knowledge on Cloud technologies and containerization using Docker & Kubernetes,
• Experience collaborating cross-functionally on availability / performance issues in order to identify root-cause, determine areas for improvement, and drive those actions to closure through effective solutions
• Extensive knowledge of principles, advanced techniques, and theories to suggest and implement solutions on a specific project, program, or product
• Influencing skills to include negotiation, persuasion of others, meeting facilitation, and conflict resolution
• Ability to identify gaps in the code from a non-functional viewpoint and experience assisting developers to fix the code and promote relevant reliability pattern implementations
• Skilled in establishing and maintaining the overall health, availability, performance, resiliency, and capacity of technology products with specific experience in performance engineering
• Experience designing, building and implementing necessary dashboards from application and infrastructure health perspectives using tools such as Splunk, Dynatrace, etc. to provide a single pane view of all critical business and operational information to relevant stakeholders
• Hands-on experience in python in automating an existing process
• Experience in activities like architecture reviews, code reviews, creating platforms and frameworks, capacity planning, etc.
• Excellent understanding and demonstrated experience in the use of DevOps / CICD tools like Jenkins, Terraform, Jules and automated deployment tools
• Experience implementing resiliency design pattern frameworks and validation
• Experience identifying and selecting strategic options, and identifying resources to meet the defined objectives
• Experience advising teams in the writing of Performance and Chaos Engineering strategies and scripts with a strong emphasis on automated deployment, infrastructure automation solutions, and continuous integration & delivery processes
• Experience designing & developing highly available systems that utilize load balancing, horizontal scalability, and high availability
• Familiarity with Blue Prism, Selenium, or Ansible playbooks and programming languages like Java, Perl, Python or PowerShell scripting and Ansible playbook
Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
Relevant certifications such as AWS Certified Solutions Architect, AWS Certified SysOps Administrator, Splunk Certified Developer, Dynatrace, Sun Certified Java Programmer, etc.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.