CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. .NET Developer in Knoxville, Tennessee
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Category: Software Development/ Engineering
City: Knoxville, Tennessee, US United States
Position ID: J0122-0378
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI is looking for a talented, driven .NET Developer who has a passion for solving problems. At CGI, you get to build solutions as a full time consultant with a world-class IT company. You will be involved in a mission critical project working with smart, dedicated people like yourself, and making an impact with both internal and client stakeholders. Tired of the same old thing? Are you passionate about learning new technologies and enjoy a quick paced atmosphere? Take your talents to a company that inspires personal and professional growth and values your ideas.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Participate in the full software development life cycle from analysis, design, implementation, and quality assurance to delivery and support
• Build CI/CD pipelines with tools such as AWS CodePipeline and Jenkins
• Meet with clients to determine the business need and design the appropriate technical solution
• Leverage latest cloud first technologies and serverless architectures such as AWS Lambda
• Be part of a fast-paced team providing leading IT solutions to local enterprise clients
• Mentor and support new and junior team members
• Collaborate with team members to find better, more efficient ways of doing things
• Work with team members to estimate project tasks
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 1 to 3 years of experience developing enterprise, full lifecycle solutions using an object-oriented programming language and relational databases
• Strong experience with building end-to-end web applications and APIs in .NET Core and SQL Server
• Strong interpersonal skills including strong written and verbal communication
• Demonstrated ability to recognize business needs, prioritize requests, recommend solid technical solutions, and lead in delivering solutions
• Strong problem solving skills with a relentless attention to detail
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to build and maintain trusted relationships with a diverse group of clients, team members, managers, and subject matter experts (SME)
• Experience delivering in a SCRUM environment
• Bachelor’s degree in CS, MIS, or related field required
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.