CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. MuleSoft Architect in Knoxville, Tennessee
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
City: Knoxville, Tennessee, US United States
Position ID: J0921-2080
Employment Type: Full Time
We are going through a large-scale and significant digital transformation. We are looking for individuals who want to be part of this change, people who are passionate about their craft, and people who are excited about changing people’s lives through technology.
We are currently on a transformation journey. This includes replacing a significant part of its technology estate, evolving its product-engineering operating model, and streamlining and modernizing its business operation. This transformation is a key accelerator for the bank's business strategy, increasing our speed and ability to create compelling digital experiences for our customers. We are utilizing both modern and relevant architecture in addition to current software design and engineering approaches to become a world leader in digital banking experiences.
As part of this transformation, we are embarking on a journey to replace a significant part of our technology estate, introducing several new capabilities and hosting strategies. This includes a significant migration to the cloud and the introduction of multiple integration technologies, including API, pub/sub, and serverless compute.
The MuleSoft Architect is a key role in defining and enabling the integration systems that will make the future company’s work.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Candidate will be member of a newly forming Product and Platform engineering team. The MuleSoft Architect provides technical leadership on MuleSoft implementation projects. This person is primarily responsible for evaluating technical and functional requirements and for developing a sound architectural blueprint in line with business goals. The architect will advise on best practices for integrations and API management.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Work with technical and business stakeholders to gather development requirements, translating these requirements to specs to be implemented alongside developers.
• Manage and maintain the Anypoint Platform and connected runtimes.
• Define API endpoints and data contracts.
• Manage the CI/CD pipeline used to deploy APIs through environments.
• Take a leading role in the organization’s C4E committee, ensuring adherence to best practices, re-use, etc.
• Maintain clear and concise documentation of all integrations and APIs.
• Maintain a deep understanding of the MuleSoft platform including Mule Runtime, available connectors, Design Center and API Management.
Team membership responsibilities
• Evangelize the event driven architecture within the organization
• Champion knowledge sharing.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Preferred: Prior knowledge and experience in a Financial Service industry in any of the following business areas:
o Retail Bank
o Commercial Bank
Skill Set/Years of Experience/Proficiency Level
• Excellent oral and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work with business partners, vendors and developers to collect and translate requirements for all involved parties.
• Demonstrated interpersonal and organizational abilities.
• Deep understanding of all aspects of the MuleSoft platform, including but not limited to Anypoint Studio, Design Center, Management Center, Exchange, etc.
• A solid understanding of all aspects of the application development process as they pertain to the MuleSoft platform.
• Experience using SOAP and REST protocols is a must.
• Experience defining API contracts through RAML is a must
• Strong Java and related programming experience - design patterns, SOAP, REST, scripting, etc.
• Experience working with Azure CI/CD pipelines a plus.
• Mentor and train the internal team on design and architecture best practices.
• Ability to multi-task and be able to handle projects throughout the entire project life cycle.
• Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
• MuleSoft platform, including Java development, SOAP, REST and RAML.
• Design/architecture, specifically with MuleSoft.
• MuleSoft Certified Platform Architect certification.
• MS SQL Server, MySQL or Oracle database experience, Anypoint Platform, GIT, Azure software suites experience and/or MuleSoft Certified Integration Architect certification is preferred.
• Interacting with other teams include
o Enterprise Architecture
o Enterprise Data
o Information Security
o Operations Teams
o Risk and Compliance Teams
Education: Bachelor's Degree in CS or related field
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS/NON-ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
Team Oriented, client facing skills, able to collaborate with multiple teams.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.