CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Administrative Assistant/ Receptionist in Knoxville, Tennessee
Administrative Assistant/ Receptionist
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Administrative Assistant/ Receptionist
City: Knoxville, Tennessee, US United States
Position ID: J0921-2400
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI is looking for an Administrative Assistant/ Receptionist for the Knoxville, TN office. CGI offers more than a job. We offer limitless opportunities to make a difference for the clients and communities we serve. We are building up our team in the Knoxville technology center and this is a great opportunity to get in on the ground floor and be part of the growth of one of the top 5 largest independent global IT companies. This is a great working environment with many great benefits offered by CGI focused on ownership, listening, recognition, health and well-being.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Greet employees and guests in a friendly and professional manner.
• Assess and address all inquiries/requests and forward appropriately.
• Answer phone in a professional and courteous manner and use proper phone greeting techniques. Address callers' requests and/or takes appropriate messages.
• Maintain accurate and complete sign in/out procedures for visitors and/or vendors. Keep accurate records of all access cards given to CGI Federal members, CGI CSG members, contractors and Visitors.
• Assist with onboarding activities (E.g. coordination of badging including PBA building access, new member greeting.)
• Establish and monitor effective tracking of cubicle and office master keys.
• Assist Facility Security Officer, as needed.
• Coordinate Meetings, to include conference room set up, ordering of meals; printing of meeting material, ensuring AV equipment is set up and working properly.
• Track and approve conference room requests for meetings; maintain master calendar of events for common area space.
• Inventory, order and stock office supplies.
• Accept and deliver all incoming packages from USPS or carrier mail (Fed Ex, UPS, DHL, etc.)
• Prepare outgoing packages for pick-up; mail and/or fax documents as requested.
• Operate and troubleshoot office equipment including coordination of vendor support as needed. (E.g. Xerox)
• Ensure lobby area, kitchen/office stations, and conference rooms are neat and clean. Direct, coordinate and when needed supervise all relevant trade people for cleaning, repairs and maintenance to ensure a consistently clean and well maintained office. Escort facility service vendors.
• Address member facility complaints or issues in a timely manner.
• Determine when new procedures should be implemented, collaborate approval and implement alternative solutions to ensure a productive work environment with minimal errors/flaws.
• Log and track tickets in the property management and CGI Footprints system; for facility related issues.
• Work closely with Workplace Resource Management as it relates to facility issues and concerns.
• Act as the liaison between our facility and building management.
• Other administrative duties as assigned by manager.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 3 to 5 years’ experience as a receptionist/office support person with a minimum of 2 years’ experience as an office receptionist.
• A basic knowledge of facilities/building operations is a great asset. Ability to communicate requirements and schedules for vendor services to members in a timely manner is a necessity. While core hours are normal business hours additional support may be required for occasional business meetings, repairs, maintenance and deliver/installs that require vendor access off hours and weekends.
• Exceptional interpersonal and guest service skills to build solid working relationships.
• Focused on customer service and the ability to maintain a high level of professionalism at all times.
• Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
• Excellent typing skills with high proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.)
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy, displays flexibility to meet changing requirements, ability to professionally navigate through stressful situations and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously with confidence.
• Demonstrated experience managing confidential and sensitive information and conversations with diplomacy, tact, and professionalism.
• Great organizational skills.
• Effective time management skills, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
• Motivated with a consistent high energy level.
• Ability to work independently and a strong desire to take initiative and follow through on tasks.
• Creative and adaptable to introduction of new ideas and approaches.
• Ability to lift 50 lbs.
• High School Diploma or equivalent/ Degree in Business Administration desired but not required.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.