CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Software Architect in Jacksonville, Florida
- Log in
Find similar career opportunities
City: Jacksonville, Florida, United States
Position ID: J0920-1775
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
CGI Federal is currently seeking a Software Architect to support a contract with the Defense Logistics Agency. DLA's Procurement Integrated Enterprise Environment (PIEE) is the premier source of DoD procure-to-pay capabilities. The PIEE solution seeks to improve transparency into the procurement process and allow for the timely payment for goods and services.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
As the Software Architect, you will be supporting agile development/operations team by implementing and improving various technology strategies that are already in place at the client. The candidate will work on building, scaling, and monitoring highly complex capabilities and ensuring our infrastructure is highly available in the cloud environment. You will also be responsible for designing, developing and implementing software and database application capabilities for a variety of systems with limited oversight.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Collaborate closely with Technical Leads and senior developers.
• Participate in the system architecture design, systems engineering, development, integration testing and validation, and all aspects of the software life cycle (requirements to design to implementation to test) for all environments.
• Provide support for Agile Development and O&M teams in the following areas (Java Applications, CI/CD and DevOps pipelines, troubleshooting, application performance tuning & analysis, Static Code Analysis, etc.)
• Learn and adhere to the continuous integration, automated unit testing and other agile practices established within the team using the tools that are currently used by the team
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Analyze and study complex system requirements and user stories.
• Design and develop software enhancements and build platform agnostic application architecture to allow for vertical or horizontal scaling, reduce tight coupling, and maximize re-use.
• Manage architecture development and support using formal specifications, physical diagrams, logical diagrams, data flow diagrams, and other accepted architecture and systems design techniques.
• Estimate software development costs and schedule.
• Review existing capabilities and assist in making refinements, reducing operating time, and improving current techniques. Supervise software configuration management
• Lead systems architecture and technical designs of the new system using a standard set of software engineering tools, practices, web services, and Application Programming Interfaces (APIs)
• Lead systems architecture and technical solutions for cloud hosting infrastructure, web security, COTS integration, database design, and data migration
• Promote adherence to agency specific software engineering tools and practices; and PMLC and SDLC guidance to ensure solutions being built align with approved patterns and technologies.
• Maintaining communication with development teams, technical leads, and capability owners.
• Tracking user stories and tasks using Agile Scrum methodologies and agile tools.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Due to the nature of this government contract, US Citizenship and an active Secret clearance is required.
• Academic background in computer science, computer engineering or a similar major with extensive computer-based or technical content
Position requires 2-5 years of experience in:
• Experience with object-oriented languages and concepts including development work using Java and Oracle in a cloud-based environment
• Experience in designing, documenting and developing web-based and stand-alone software applications
• Experience in design and implementation of SOAP and RESTful web services
• Experience with continuous integration tools such as MS DEVOPS and/or Jenkins including installation and administration, and facilitating developer training
• Experience with automated configuration processes and tools such as Chef or PowerShell DSC including installation, administration and coding AND experience facilitating developer training
• Experience with designing, implementing and supporting a DevSecOps environment (code repository, binary repository, continuous integration/delivery, error tracking)
• Experience with producing and grooming Agile product backlogs and interacting with Product Owners
• Knowledge of applicable controls for securing federal government systems
• Experience evaluating and implementing cloud-based solutions
- Software Architecture
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.