CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. IT Systems Solution Architect in Jacksonville, Florida
IT Systems Solution Architect
- Log in
Find similar career opportunities
IT Systems Solution Architect
City: Jacksonville, Florida, United States
Position ID: J0920-1772
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
CGI Federal is currently seeking an IT Systems Solution Architect to support a contract with the Defense Logistics Agency. DLA's Procurement Integrated Enterprise Environment (PIEE) is the premier source of DoD procure-to-pay capabilities. The PIEE solution seeks to improve transparency into the procurement process and allow for the timely payment for goods and services.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
The IT Systems Solution Architect role requires an individual capable of providing software design, development, and application engineering services to build and maintain modern, Web-based capabilities as part of a team using Agile Scrum methodologies. This person has strong collaborative skills who can work and communicate effectively with technical and nontechnical stakeholders to continually ensure the product is of the highest quality. This person will provide technical expertise to all teams and products in an Agile environment.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Analyze and study complex system requirements and user stories.
• Design and develop software enhancements and build platform agnostic application architecture to allow for vertical or horizontal scaling, reduce tight coupling, and maximize re-use.
• Manage architecture development and support using formal specifications, physical diagrams, logical diagrams, data flow diagrams, and other accepted architecture and systems design techniques.
• Estimate software development costs and schedule.
• Review existing capabilities and assist in making refinements, reducing operating time, and improving current techniques. Supervise software configuration management
• Lead systems architecture and technical designs of the new system using a standard set of software engineering tools, practices, web services, and Application Programming Interfaces (APIs)
• Lead systems architecture and technical solutions for cloud hosting infrastructure, web security, COTS integration, database design, and data migration
• Promote adherence to agency specific software engineering tools and practices; and PMLC and SDLC guidance to ensure solutions being built align with approved patterns and technologies.
• Maintaining communication with development teams, technical leads, and capability owners.
• Tracking user stories and tasks using Agile Scrum methodologies and agile tools.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Due to the nature of this government contract, US Citizenship and an active Secret clearance is required.
• Academic background in computer science, computer engineering or a similar major with extensive computer-based or technical content
Position requires 2-5 years of experience in:
• Must have knowledge of complex and large scale application design and development using Agile Scrum methodologies.
• Must have knowledge of hosted cloud ecosystems
• Technical expertise in key current and future technologies. This may include:
o Programming languages like Java and Apache Tomcat
o Windows Operating Systems
o Oracle database
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to engage with clients and work with multiple development teams
• Demonstrated competence in analysis and problems solving principles with emphasis in user relations, data gathering techniques and management information applications
• Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and manage changing priorities
• Detailed-oriented with proven time management and organization skills, with a demonstrated ability to achieve results.
- Cloud architect
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.