Supply Technician (Top Secret Req’d)
Main location: United States, Alabama, Huntsville
Position ID: J0823-0875
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI Federal is seeking a Top Secret cleared Supply Tech to support the Shipping and Receiving Unit at FBI/FLSD in Huntsville, AL.
Your future duties and responsibilities
Performs limited aspects of technical supply management work (e.g., inventory management, storage management, cataloging, property utilization) related to depot, local, or other supply activities. Work usually is segregated by commodity area or function, and controlled in terms of difficulty, complexity, or responsibility. Assignments usually relate to stable or standardized segments of technical supply management operations; or to functions or subjects that are narrow in scope or limited in difficulty. The work generally involves individual case problems or supply actions. Performs a variety of warehousing duties that require an understanding of the establishment's storage plan. Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Verifying materials (or merchandise) against receiving documents.
• Routing materials to prescribed storage locations.
• Storing, stacking or palletizing materials in accordance with prescribed storage methods.
• Rearranging and taking inventory of stored materials.
• Inspection stored materials and reporting deterioration and damage.
• Removing material from storage and preparing it for shipment.
• Operate hand, power trucks, or forklifts in performing warehousing duties.
• Supply forecasting, distribution or redistribution of material, or other related work.
• Processing and expediting supply transactions related to the particular organizations serviced.
• Writes item descriptions for a range of new items entering the supply channels.
• Communicates clearly and consistently both written and verbally with higher echelon of management to facilitate organizational goals.
• Utilizes Microsoft Office products (Word, Outlook, Excel, Publisher) to provide expedient services to customers.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Possession of a TOP SECRET security clearance is required to begin employment; Ability to maintain a TOP SECRET security clearance is required for continued employment
• Due to the nature of the government contracts this position requires US Citizenship.
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
• Must be able to handle high volume fast pace environment; work under pressure and meet critical deadlines.
• Valid Driver's License, ability to lift at least 40 lbs.
Hourly wage: $30.16/hr. (non-negotiable)
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors including but not limited to: skill set level, experience and training, and licensure and certification. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case.*
At CGI Federal we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are owners and empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI Federal’s benefits include:
Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
Paid Time Off (PTO)
10 Standard Holidays
Health & Welfare Benefits as determined by your Service Contract Act
Finance & Accounting
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Clickhere (https://cgi-veterans.jobs/) to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.