CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Software Configuration Manager in Huntsville, Alabama
Software Configuration Manager
- Log in
Find similar career opportunities
Software Configuration Manager
City: Huntsville, Alabama, United States
Position ID: J0120-0495
Employment Type: Full Time
Software CM/Data Management analyst serving as the technical support for the Software Division Chief of the Precision Fires Rocket and Missile Systems (PFRMS) Project Management Office (PMO). Responsible for managing the Project Management Data Management System to include: reviewing of all submitted contractor technical data for correctness (format, topic relevance, completeness). Focus will be on Multiple Launch Rocket Systems (MLRS) Platform software and its munitions. Prepare and review Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs), Requests for Deviation (RFDs), and Notices of Revisions (NORs) for technical content and format and compliance with applicable government and industry regulations. Process Statements of Work (SOW) from initial phase through revisions.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Support all levels of staff including peers, team members, management and PM PFRMS Customers.
• Provide support and expertise regarding Software CM processes to PFRMS PMO
• Obtain Data Requirements from Functional Representatives
• Witness and monitor CSCI tests and record compliance of test conducted to appropriate Test Plans, Test Descriptions, and Test Procedures.
• Tracks and monitors test anomalies to document the severity, operational impacts, and corrective action that need to be taken.
• Provides technical and analytical support to the PM PFRMS.
• Attend the S3I Pre-Configuration Control Board (PCCB) and the Software Configuration Control Board (SCCB) Meeting as a non-member
• Coordinate and participate in Configuration Control Boards (CCBs).
• Provide written report to Chief, Software Division weekly.
• Conducts reviews of received CDRL documentation and provide comments of compliance with Data Item Descriptions and other Data Acquisition Documents in support of PM PFRMS.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• MA/MS +15 yrs or BA/BS +20yrs relevant experience.
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with others
• Must be a self-starter which requires minimal supervision.
• Must be able and willing to travel, to include international travel (<25%)
• Requires a valid US tourist passport
• Must possess a US Secret clearance
• Knowledge of and experience with DoD tools/applications supporting SW CM processes
• Knowledge of Army Acquisition process.
• Knowledgeable with Statements of Work (SOWs)
• In-depth knowledge of Field Artillery Launcher (FAL) programs, C2 and their munitions.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.