CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Configuration Manager in Huntsville, Alabama
Find similar career opportunities
City: Huntsville, Alabama, United States
Position ID: J1218-1586
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI Federal is seeking a highly qualified Configuration Manager (CM) in the Huntsville, AL area supporting a program office within PEO AVN. Job duties include but are not limited to: review and management of vendor drawings, models, and associated lists, review and boarding of Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs), receipt, review and disposition of CM related CDRL (Contract Data Requirements Listing) data, planning and conducting Physical Configuration Audits (PCAs), review and writing of CM related CDRL requirements and SOW (Statement of Work) language on new or modified contracts, working with subcontractors/OEMs on CM issues, and facilitating meetings, reviews or associated CM activities for the program office. An ideal candidate will be team oriented and will be able to meet challenging deadlines. The ability to obtain and maintain an active Secret level security clearance is required.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Work with the Engineers to create and review ECPs
• Establish/manage the Configuration Change Board (CCB) process for both hardware and software control
• Perform Functional and Physical Configuration Audits (FCA/PCA)
• Review Specifications, Parts Lists, Assembly, Application and Source Control, Vendor Item Drawings for correctness
• Review CM related SOW and DID language prior to contract award, ensuring accuracy and tailoring as appropriate for program needs
• Establish and document standard processes and procedures for CM related activities
• Ensure contractor/vendor compliance with contract requirements. Review contractor CM plans and related processes ensuring contract compliance
• Partner with Data Management to route CM deliverables and draft contract approval/disapproval letters, ensuring a timely response to the CM related CDRLs
• Partner with Safety, Production, and Quality Management/Assurance/Engineering (QM/QA/QE) to ensure any changes identified by quality escapes and/or safety are identified and updated via the CCB in the TDP
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Five plus (5+) years of experience in Configuration Management along with an undergraduate degree or an equivalent amount of relevant experience are required
• Knowledge of current Department of Defense drawing standards and Configuration Management Military and Commercial Standards is preferred
• Per Federal requirement, Active DoD Secret Clearance required.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.