CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Utilities Business Development Dir./Sales Dir. in Houston, Texas
Utilities Business Development Dir./Sales Dir.
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Utilities Business Development Dir./Sales Dir.
Category: Leadership and Management Roles
City: Houston, Texas, US United States
Position ID: J0321-2157
Employment Type: Full Time
The CGI Utilities Solution program is a global program which includes the following CGI IP: OpenGrid. OpenGrid EAM (Asset Management, Scheduling, and Mobile). The Utilities team is looking to recruit a dynamic, enthusiastic and capable business development lead to grow the sales and expand our distribution channel through business and technology partners.
This person will be responsible for the identification, development and successful closure of strategic new business within CGI’s Utilities business area. He/She will manage activities to identify and create new business revenue growth with clients and run strategic campaigns into nominated high-growth areas as appropriate. He/She will be part of the business area leadership team and will support the design and implementation of a focused go-to-market strategy to include the target client, propositions, contact plan and win strategy. This person’s performance will be measured primarily against objectives based on the value of opportunities won each year as well as delivery against in-year revenue and margins for new business won.
This person will be a business-oriented leader who is passionate about this subject area and able to analyze, define, deliver and track our offering. The Utilities Sales Director works in tandem with our product management team in rethinking how we bring our offering to market, with a focus on building the business across CGI’s global footprint. It includes defining the business use from design through follow-on support, including go-to-market strategies through supporting individual deals as they progress from opportunity to reality. This role is expected to be highly client and market facing including dealing with senior client personnel.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Leverage your professional and personal network to introduce CGI to local client prospects
• Develop a strong pipeline of opportunities within new and existing accounts
• Lead proposals and evolve solution offerings
• Manage client satisfaction in partnership with account management teams
• Contribute to business strategy and budget planning
• Engage early in the business development cycle with senior level customer representatives to influence strategy and increase the chance of both qualifying in and winning.
• Position CGI and create the opportunity to differentiate
• Successfully qualify opportunities early on in the bid cycle and to minimize bid costs by ensuring efficient use of resources and a focus on bids where the chances of success are solid.
• Understand customer business issues and align CGI propositions to create new business opportunity.
• Build and develop account plans and win plans.
• Create and then lead pursuit teams (covering bid management, solution, finance, operations and delivery) to successfully bid for contracts within an agreed bid budget.
• Develop relationships with key CGIs geographical business unites and partners that will assist in business growth.
• Deliver both the TCV wins and in-year revenue objectives set each year.
• Work closely with the Utilities leadership team to communicate new business activity, pipelines and forecasts.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Clearly identify the essential qualification vs the desired qualifications. What skills/experience must this person have to be considered?
• Self-sufficient and results driven, excited by the prospect of playing an important role in growing the business
• Proven track-record of achieving new business objectives and delivering profitable business outcomes
• Good leadership skills in managing, motivating and coaching.
• Strong presentation, interpersonal and influencing skills.
• Utilities sector insight and experience
• Business acumen with solid understanding of budgets, forecasting, planning, P&L’s, and complex pricing models
• Business development including strategic sales planning. Experience and success selling to companies that are $1B+ in revenue
• Client engagement management and relationship building
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Ability to write proposals and deliver executive presentations
• Strong decision making, judgment and analytical skills
• Business Development
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS/NON-ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
• A motivated self-starter that is able to work independently, in teams and projects with limited supervision
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work with diverse personality types
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Communication (Oral/Written)
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.