CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Technical Architect in Houston, Texas
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
City: Houston, Texas, US United States
Position ID: J1221-4168
Employment Type: Full Time
The Cloud/DevOps Architect has an executional role in design and development projects or acts as an expert tester who designs test scripts and provides overall project guidance and planning support. Advises internally on solving functional and technical problems regarding the assigned applications and Infrastructure.
This role is based in Houston, Texas.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Hands-on and expert understanding of cloud computing, IAAS, PaaS, SaaS and cloud application design pattern.
• Deep expertise on Cloud and Services Oriented Architectures with a proven ability to provide consulting and solution roadmaps for large scale cloud transformation, migration and cloud native development on Amazon AWS Platform.
• As Cloud and DevOps Architect, liaising with Business and Technology teams. Enable, drive and lead initiatives focusing on establishing and embedding cloud architecture & design governance across the organization and promoting Agile and DevOps ways of working as per Company Compliance.
• Lead the initiatives to identify right set of cloud technologies to be used for specific type of solutions and drive the effort to templatize and automate those technologies to be used at scale in all products and applications across organization.
• Architect & Design solutions for Hybrid cloud, which are multi-tenant and geo distributed and meet Company's standards and policies.
• Architect and implement DevOps processes and CI/CD pipelines using tools like VSTS, Powershell, C# , ARM Templates, Terraform , RestAPI , Ansible.
• Collaborate with different teams and service lines to solve technology challenges.
• Possess strong presentation, written and verbal communication skills.
• Demonstrate strong analytical and technical problem-solving skills by leveraging the latest trends in technologies.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Expertise in Azure AWS IAAS (with good fundamentals in network and security) as well as PAAS. Good understanding of all Azure services and ability to choose the right service for a workload among multiple Azure services.
• Expertise in DevOps, Agile methodologies, CI/CD and tools like VSTS, Jira, Jenkins , Powershell, ARM , Terraform , Azure DevOps, AWS Cloud formation.
• Technically adapt in multiple areas, including .NET / C#, Java, Python, Powershell, JSON.
• Experience in Micro services and container technologies
• Preferred - Microsoft Azure/AWS related certifications
Soft Skills & Experience
• Excellent communication skills, oral and written.
• Strong interpersonal and influencing skills.
• Ability to communicate concisely and clearly.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.