CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Sr. Project Manager Digital in Houston, Texas
Sr. Project Manager Digital
CGI-experience the commitment
Find similar career opportunities
City:Houston, Texas, United States
Employment Type:Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
Sr Project Manager Digital, is responsible for planning, leading, organizing and motivating agile project teams to achieve a high level of performance and quality in delivering digital projects that provide exceptional business value. The Sr Project Manager Digital may be responsible for managing several concurrent high visibility projects using agile methods in a fast-paced environment that may cross multiple business divisions that could be geographically dispersed. The Sr Project Manager Digital reports into the Competency Center Manager of Digital Development.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• The Sr Project Manager Digital
• works in an agile environment in a multi-disciplined team where senior business stakeholders, business systems analysts, developers, testers and product owners all work together to develop great products for our customers that are key differentiators for the success of Digitalization Vision set by VP/EVP of the department.
• accountable for project delivery functional excellence in all aspects including; project plans/schedule, estimate, cost control, risk management, controls, stakeholder management, transition to operations/support, deployment and close-out.
• ensures fit-for-purpose solutions to satisfy business critical requirements and the future of the portfolio.
• responsible in collating the monthly outcomes and sharing that across the board. Partner with business stakeholders and ITMs, to define success metrics and criteria and to identify, measure, and track planned vs. achieved benefits.
• works in line with the Project Delivery Framework (PDF) and agile principles
• works closely and collaboratively with digital software development groups, other project managers, business analysts, integration teams and QA teams to gain insights and obtain information regarding application and project issues, challenges, opportunities.
• continuously explores the digital market to obtain new insights and spot opportunities of emerging mobile, analytics, big data, cloud, web and social media solutions and technologies.
• works in a Lean development environment which requires the individual to be self-driven, take decisions independently and be flexible to cater to demand.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Bachelor or master degree in information technology, computer science, business administration or a related discipline
• MBA would be an added advantage
• Minimum of 12+ years of experience in delivering Digital solutions worth business value of min 3-4mn USD and yearly digital project cost ranging $500K-$1.5mn, working with senior executives (GM, VP, EVP) in a matrixed organization.
• Minimum of 8 years of IT project management experience by applying Agile and traditional project management principles and practices
• End to end delivery of at least three to five software development projects
• Holds a professional certification in IT project management (PMP preferred)
• Applied SCRUM experience and certification preferred
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
Agile / Collaborative Method
Have you been referred by a CGI Member for this position?* Yes No
CGI member’s email (@cgi.com) *
I agree to allow CGI to contact the CGI member who referred me to obtain additional information about my application and to confirm my referral. *
* This field is required.
CGI is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and to compliance with US laws and regulations. Click here at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEOPolicy-Signed2017.pdf to access our US EEO/Affirmative action policy.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws:
EPPA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf
FMLA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmlaen.pdf
Consolidated EEO Is The Law at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEO_Poster.pdf
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at http://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.