CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Software Quality Engineer in Houston, Texas
Software Quality Engineer
- Log in
Find similar career opportunities
Software Quality Engineer
City: Houston, Texas, United States
Position ID: J0220-0965
Employment Type: Full Time
We are looking for a software quality assurance engineer. The successful applicant would be responsible all aspects of software quality assurance and software testing automation. They would join a dynamic, talented, collaborative and growing engineering organization whose main responsibility is to solve challenging problems and manage complexity.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Maintain and execute a functional test plan to ensure the application behaves as expected
• Write python code using Squish framework to automate the test plan
• Use VSTS extensively to automate build-test-deploy pipeline and to track features/defects
• Regularly perform exploratory testing on the application to try to identify new bugs
• Ensure adequate unit test coverage metrics are being met
• Contribute functional tests written using C# and html
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Proven record of experience in C#
• 5+ years of experience in software QA
• Solid understanding and experience in software quality metrics
• Strong record of creating maintainable, clear and well-structured testing plans
• Proven record of expertise in Python scripting
• Proven record of expertise in MS VSTS (tests, pipelines, tasks)
• Proven record of delivering high quality robust code unit tests
• Ability to work with autonomy to identify and resolve problems
• Experience with source control tools (e.g., GIT and SVN)
• Experience with defect tracking/planning tools (e.g., Mantis, VSTS)
• Experience with Agile and/or SCRUM software development practices
• Strong problem solving, troubleshooting, and debugging skills
• Good verbal and written communication skills for working with clients, other developers and technical contacts. Ability to explain complex technical issues.
Experience in Oil & Gas domain and with scientific/simulation software
Experience of working on add-on/ plug-in development
Experience of working in a distributed team environment
Experience with Agile and/or SCRUM software development practices
Quality Assurance/QA Strategy
Agile / Collaborative Method
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.