CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Scrum Master in Houston, Texas
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Category: Project Management
City: Houston, Texas, US United States
Position ID: J1021-0470
Employment Type: Full Time
The Scrum Master is a leads the Scrum Team in helping everyone understand Scrum theory, practices, rules, and values. The Scrum Master helps those outside the Scrum Team understand their interactions with the Scrum Team:
• Ensures Scrum is understood and related activities are executed in alignment with client standards
• Guides the team throughout the iterative software development process
• Sets up retrospectives, sprint reviews or sprint planning sessions
• Shields the team from interruptions during the sprint
• Removes obstacles that affect the team
• Manages communications / interactions within the team and with external stakeholders to maximize the value created by the Scrum Team.
• Manages tactical iterative development projects.
• Leads small programs of moderate-to-high complexity and risk. Typical programme size: 10-20 resources OR a Project Manager leading medium-to-large projects of moderate-to-high complexity and risk. Typical project size: 10-20 team members.
• Strong stakeholder management required, involving coaching and partnering with business stakeholders to validate the program's strategic business case, define success metrics and criteria, and to identify, measure, and sustain planned vs. achieved benefit.
This role is based in Houston, Texas.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Scrum Master/Agile Coach (Including Scrum @scale experience) JG3
• Individual will be supporting a global team India, EU, US, 3days/week for the Technical Standards Team in P&T.
• Parallel, 2days/week, support for a PTX/PTP collaboration for a Technology Development in the Heat Storage space.
• Implementation and execution of scrum@scale.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• At least 10 years of Scrum Master overall experience in which was performing the Scrum Master role for at least 2 years for a Scrum Team ·
• Scrum Master Certifications (PSM I, CSM, PSM II, PSM III, CSP, CTC) ·
• Proven skills and knowledge of Agile Scrum "servant leadership", facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
• Experience being on multiple Scrum teams in a variety of different contexts (different team sizes, different organizations, different cultures, co-located vs. distributed, etc.).
• Knowledge of other approaches discussed in the Agile space: XP, Kanban, Nexus, LeSS, SAFe, DevOps etc.
• Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games.
Soft Skills & Experience
• Proven track record of building strong stakeholder relationships at different organisational levels.
• Share our learnings with other teams, either by creating issues that provide context for anyone to understand it or by writing blog posts.
• Resilient and able to manage challenge and resistance
• Results/outcomes oriented, business value focused
• Confident and able to work in high-ambiguity work environment
• Excellent oral and written presentation skills
• Software development background is an advantage.
• Highly preferable Business Agility/Product development experience.
Agile / Collaborative Method
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.