CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Salesforce Solution Architect in Houston, Texas
Salesforce Solution Architect
- Log in
Find similar career opportunities
Salesforce Solution Architect
City: Houston, Texas, United States
Position ID: J1019-0909
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: Committed to helping its professionals and clients
CGI is seeking a Salesforce Solution Architect to perform strategic consulting by engaging with our clients to discover new opportunities, to elicit high level business and technical requirements, to evaluate and propose solutions, to define the right team mix and methods to successfully implement projects, and to estimate the work to be done.
In this role, you will be a technical leader and an integral part of our sales process. In addition, Solution Architects at CGI often function as product managers for various solution areas and offerings by providing direction and justifying investments, co-developing content for marketing purposes (external) and training purposes (internal), and are experts in one or more of CGI’s solution areas, both technically and in their application to solve business problems for clients.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Facilitate discussions with both business and technical stakeholders to extract critical business requirements and present a technical vision & solution that meet customer and project needs
• Communicate complex topics regarding solutions and related projects to audiences without deep technical skills.
• Work with the client, sales team, business partners, and related practice area leaders within CGI to prescribe a complete solution to meet project goals as well as longer term needs. (Solutions include software products, product customizations, custom development, other technical and business services, integration, and the project plans and estimates necessary to implement the solution)
• Based on the prescribed solution, provide project plans, estimates and scope input to sales for proposals and statements of work
• Maintain knowledge of other market players in your domain to leverage complementary offerings in solutions and be able to effectively compare and contrast competitive and alternative offerings
• Provide leadership to the project team in the early phases of the systems development lifecycle and checkpoint with the team periodically to provide leadership and incorporate their “on the ground” feedback into the Solution Architecture teams work and processes
• Work closely with managers and practice leaders to develop practice area specific and cross-practice solutions that incorporate CGI best practices and experience
• Maintain skills in area of expertise and stay up to date with industry and technology trends including ensuring certification requirements are met as required for the partnerships in your domain
• Provide leadership, technical guidance and mentoring to others in areas of expertise
• Achieve high levels of customer satisfaction at all times
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
Solution Area Specific Skills - Salesforce.com:
• Able to configure and customize Salesforce.com environments with a deep understanding of the constraints imposed by governor limits, editions and licensing, etc
Experience with multi-org deployment architectures and developing apps for AppExchange is a definite plus
• Able to design integration approaches and solutions for middleware like Cast Iron, Jitterbit, Boomi, Informatica Cloud, etc
• Knowledge of and experience with cloud and on-premises enterprise systems such as SAP, NetSuite, Kenandy, etc
• A minimum of 2 years prior client-facing consulting experience
• A minimum of 3 years of project management or other project leadership experience including estimating projects (not just estimating / sizing user stories during sprints, but entire projects for cost and duration based on known requirements and team constraints)
• A minimum of 2 years of prior technical leadership experience including the responsibility / authority for defining software / systems / integration architectures and general technical decision making
• Willingness to travel up to 50%, primarily in the Mid-Atlantic region
• Business / requirements analysis or product ownership experience
• A minimum of 2 years prior experience working with Salesforce.com including many of the following: CRM/Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Communities, Marketing Cloud / ExactTarget, Force.com, VisualForce, Workflows, Apex development (i.e. Triggers), Heroku, Chatter API
• A four year B.S. in Information Science / MIS, Business, Computer Science, Software Engineering - other degrees and disciplines will be considered with relevant work experience.
• Ability to operate in a multi-faceted role often consisting of elements of Solution Architecture, Project Management, Business Analysis, Workshop Facilitation
• Ability to work with SMEs, other Solution Architects, sales teams and clients to determine the best solutions for known and anticipated constraints
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.