CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Project Manager in Houston, Texas
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Category: Project Management
City: Houston, Texas, US United States
Position ID: J0721-1248
Employment Type: Full Time
As an IT Program or Project Manager, you will have the opportunity to work in a challenging but rewarding environment that is fast paced and changing fundamentally as we transform our business to meet our ambition to be a net-zero emissions energy business by 2050, whilst delivering a world class business case that has a strong societal license to operate. In your program and project management career at CGI you will be expected to enact change and deliver value globally across business lines and geographies.
Project Managers plan, execute, and control a project or set of related projects to meet identified business requirements and deliver business value, through acquiring and utilizing the necessary resources and skills, within agreed parameters of cost, timescales, risk, quality and benefits.
We are looking for Program and Project Management professionals with proficiency across the following five key dimensions:
• Program and project delivery skills in both agile and waterfall methodologies;
• Domain knowledge and skills, such as Chemicals, Deepwater, Retail, Finance, Legal, HR, and Capital Project lines of business and functions;
• Technology skills, such as cloud, mobile, software-as-a-service, digital platforms, ERP, web-based application, networking, workplace productivity, compliance or cybersecurity;
• Professional skills, such as leadership, communication and resilience; and
• Entrepreneurial skills, such as a business-value mindset, critical thinking, storytelling, stakeholder management, and enabling value creation.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
FUTURE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As a program and project management professional
, you are also a leader in the natural team and are required to continuously develop your leadership behaviors:
• Live our values and goal zero - We do the right thing with respect to our values, safety and people.
• Maximize our performance - We focus on priorities, seek improvements and work together across teams to close our gap to potential and deliver bottom line commercial results.
• - We work outside in and build strong long-term relationships with customers, partners, and external parties and make a positive contribution to society.
• Engage & inspire - We engage everyone through our connected purpose and inspire people and teams be their best through development, coaching and honest feedback.
• Learner mindset - We have a shared belief that everyone can grow their ability, learn from mistakes & successes and speak up openly in a safe environment.
You will be expected to:
• Agree and deliver a body of work, organize into program, projects and workstreams to agreed time, cost, quality, risk and benefit profiles, delivered within standards and controls framework;
• Proactively analyze variances against plan to assess trends threatening agreed scope, time, cost, and quality commitments. Identify signs that a project may be at risk and take appropriate action;
• Engage internal and external stakeholders such as users, customers or suppliers to fully benefit from the delivered products, services and changes;
• Develop and execute appropriate change and engagement plans to achieve necessary behavior changes in order to maximize benefits;
• Align expectations and ensure that the decision-making of stakeholders happen in a timely and effective manner;
• Mobilize and lead teams composed of a mixture of staff and suppliers across organizational boundaries and the natural team. Ensure they have the necessary skills, capacity and experience to achieve the required outcomes;
• Develop the skills of team members through coaching, delegation and providing stretching assignments;
• Understand, assess and embed the right delivery methodologies, considering project and business constraints;
• Assess program risks as they are encountered and evaluate trade-offs between cost, time, quality, risk and ultimately benefit, continuously managing the business cases of constituent projects and workstreams;
• Ensure that all deliverables, whether software, hardware, processes, products or business change are fit for purpose, meet all relevant requirements and are effectively transitioned to support and business-as-usual; and
• Ensure that the business value intended by the work is explicit, agreed and delivered.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Clearly identify the essential qualification vs the desired qualifications. What skills/experience must this person have to be considered?
• Strong stakeholder management skills - including experience coaching stakeholders
• Experience in leading a distributed team
• Typical Experience: 8+ years in IT with 5+ years of IT Project Management experience
• Typical Project Size: around 20 FTE
• Must have prior experience in delivering application projects.
• Must have domain knowledge of Endur ETRM (Trading and Supply core system)
• Domain knowledge of Aligne ETRM (Trading and Supply core system) is desirable
• Must have prior experience in Agile and Waterfall delivery
• Able to work in a team setting of a large program with resources across multiple teams within and outside of the project
• Work independently as a PM with support from others such as PMO for resourcing , monthly cost analysis, Budget vs LE reporting
• Maintain and update Risk Register as well as Issues register
• Data center moves experience is desirable
• PMP certification is desirable
Skill Set Years of Experience Proficiency Level
Project Management 8+ Expert
IT Project Management 5+ Expert
Minimum Education Required: BS in IT related field
- Project Management
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.