CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Project Manager in Houston, Texas
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Category: Project Management
City: Houston, Texas, US United States
Position ID: J1021-0227
Employment Type: Full Time
The Real Estate Office Change IT Portfolio is a joint IT/RE initiative to improve overall delivery management of IT Infrastructure for RE office change ventures globally (new builds, moves, restacking, decommissioning, etc) implementing per company guidance. The portfolio operates as a CoE for office changes, and through driving standardisation, using common processes/tools, leveraging experienced resources, and application of lessons learned, it delivers repeatable high quality IT across all projects the group effectively operates as the IT delivery arm of Company Real Estate's Commercial Deals & Projects (CD&P) organization, where the organization strategically provides overall technology design and project delivery services for CDP-managed office change projects.
This role is in Houston, Texas.
• The Project Manager leads single large scale projects, or multiple smaller projects, and is expected to understand and execute project methodology (predominantly Waterfall for projects, but with an agile mindset) to successfully manage expectations for all project stakeholders in a fast-paced, unpredictable environment. This involves collaboration with many interdepartmental teams and senior IT/RE leadership, and requires a nimble approach to multiple initiatives with simultaneous delivery expectations.
• The Project Manager is responsible for the IT design and build portion of RE Office projects.
• The Project Manager needs to coordinate and integrate delivery from subcontracted teams of multiple vendors to complete specific work tasks.
• The Project Manager's main goal is to ensure an office IT design which meets company standards, with timely build-out to meet customer expectations, manage timelines of specific work packages in line with the overall office project goals, and ensure overall HSSE compliance and safe delivery of projects.
• Matrix managing both internal staff and external vendor contract teams.
• Audio Video (AV)/collaboration design, networking, voice systems, hardware procurement and installation with aggressive delivery goals.
• Very strong ability to integrate multiple suppliers and vendors towards a common objective - Ability to working to/within non-negotiable delivery schedules (avoidance of significant $$ exposure for Real Estate lease penalties)
• Management of multiple parallel interdependencies within an office construction schedule.
• Minimum of 5 years recent experience providing hands-on IT project management (ideally on physical construction projects),
• 5 years recent experience performing Project Management for equivalent Real Estate office ventures, including designing and building out new offices, moving office locations, office connectivity.
• Minimum of 5 years of direct experience directing and managing wired and wireless construction or project builds.
• Experience in defining and implementing HSSE plans for high-risk physical works on site.
• Demonstrated attention to quality construction practices and ensuring timely close out and safe delivery of the project schedule.
• Demonstrated ability for risk planning and management.
• Demonstrated capability for strong stakeholder management, including senior leadership - Sourcing appropriate delivery vendors.
• Strong time management and technology construction related quality and safety experience.
• Exceptional composition, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
• Multi-tasker with ability to successfully manage numerous projects and tasks concurrently.
• Strong ability to influence IT and non-IT stakeholders towards solutions
Soft Skills & Experience
• Proven experience understanding and solving complex customer and business problems, through digital led technology solutions.
• Self-starter who can drive initiatives and a team player.
• A curiosity to learn and adapt to new ways of working and thinking.
Years of Experience
Real Estate Management
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.