CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. PMO in Houston, Texas
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Category: Project Management
City: Houston, Texas, US United States
Position ID: J1221-1346
Employment Type: Full Time
A PMO acts as a right hand for project and programme managers. The activities of the PMO are centralized around resource and work planning & control, budget management, change management, reporting, and product quality control. Works as PMO on allocated projects, applying standard Project Delivery Framework (PDF) standard techniques to plan, execute, monitor, control, and close all aspects of the project lifecycle. Independently captures and tracks risks and issues and maintains change logs. Examines project documentation/data for completeness and accuracy. Follows up with project team members as required. Produces project reports and ensures that status reporting is fit for purpose, complete, timely, accurate, and communicated effectively. Reports into Project Manager.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Implement the Standard PMO ways of working and toolset which is fit for purpose at a portfolio level for all products, projects/programs. Ensures effective usage of the toolset and that adequate processes, assurance, reporting, communication, data, etc. are in place.
• Proactively ensure Delivery Assurance Framework and compliance are in place for their respective assigned portfolios.
• Coordinate mandatory reviews and audits on schedule and according to the procedure. Track resultant recommendations and actions necessary to address shortcomings.
• Advance IT discipline in PDF adoption through coaching others in its effective application. Support PMs and PMO staff to develop the critical skills and characteristics required for success in contingency, cost, resource, schedule, and risk management.
• Drive contingency management and proactively control costs and schedule through understanding and monitoring and managing resources, risks, and issues in their respective portfolio.
• Develop and drive standard processes for cost/resource/schedule/risk management across large programme(s) and/or portfolio(s).
• Impart knowledge to PMO Analysts on their respective portfolios, quality assurance, and overall delivery and align the Portfolio ways of working.
• Develop an understanding of complex IT landscapes with diverse technologies supporting end-to-end business processes in the Oil & Gas industry.
Virtual working in a global environment with culturally diverse teams across geographies and time zones.
• Managing multiple delivery priorities and multiple demand requests.
• Working with multiple stakeholders in various internal organizations.
• Contribute to Organizational initiatives, PMO Standardization of activities across Projects and Programs.
• Initiate and contribute towards CI Initiatives related to the processes for faster turnaround time towards recurring activities.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Typical Experience: 7+ Years in IT Project delivery experience
• Relevant Experience: 5+ Years of PMO Experience
• Support product/project alignment with and adherence to standard product/project delivery methodologies (e.g. PDF).
• Good understanding and experience of the various methodologies (E.g. Waterfall and Agile).
• Experience working with Agile teams as a core/extended team member is desirable/.
• Agile certifications/training preferred.
• Attention to data quality.
• Experience in project/program management tools.
• Familiar with critical path analysis and portfolio dependencies from an administrative perspective.
• Experience in managing project financials and reconciliation.
• Proficient in MS Office tools.
• Understand estimation and contingency management techniques and best practices.
• Produce required portfolio reports and ensure that status reporting including finance that is fit for purpose, complete, timely, accurate, and communicated effectively.
• Examine documentation/data for completeness and accuracy for their respective portfolios.
Soft Skills & Experience
• Individual delivery of high impact change management activities
• Highly organized, possessing strong analytical abilities.
• Working knowledge of change management for IT solutions
• Understanding of change management approaches
• Proven track record of building strong stakeholder relationships at different organizational levels
• Able to produce high quality business-facing deliverables and activities to drive and sustain change
• Resilient and able to manage challenge and resistance
• Results/outcomes oriented, business value focused
• Confident and able to work in high-ambiguity work environment
• Excellent oral and written presentation skills
Project Management Office
Agile / Collaborative Method
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.