CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. PI Application Engineer in Houston, Texas
PI Application Engineer
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
PI Application Engineer
Category: Project Management
City: Houston, Texas, US United States
Position ID: J1121-3219
Employment Type: Full Time
The Digital Systems & PI Application Engineer acts as a Focal Point for ongoing technical assistance needs for systems, platforms and hardware associated with the Process Control Network, PI systems as well as filling the Backup Site Focal Point position for Process Control Domain (PCD) security which includes ongoing operational responsibility for ensuring appropriate and secure management and use of systems and applications contained within the Process Control Domain/Network (PCD/N).
This position is based in Houston (Deer Park), Texas.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Provide application and infrastructure support for all OPC connections (including OPC Calculations) in the site.
• Manage the day-to-day operations of the Process Control Domain/Network computers by monitoring system performance, configuration, maintenance, and repair.
• Serve as PI, OPC Calculations and Raddical Site Focal Point.
• Assist the PCD Integrity Site Focal Point with the day-to-day operations of the Process Control Domain/Network computers by monitoring system performance, configuration, maintenance, and repair.
• Provide application and infrastructure support for all tank and inventory data within TIS/OMM and FuelsManager. Perform changes to site specific configuration, update strapping data, and changes to Tank/Products, Lineups, and Access, etc.
• Responsible for Pi historian infrastructure, able to support and troubleshoot historian communication and performance issues.
• Ensure records of equipment inventory are properly maintained.
• Provide technical assistance to the site for issue regarding displays or access. Approve and manage read / write access requests to Raddical displays.
• Apply revisions to system firmware and software.
• Provide hands on technical support related to the overall health and maintenance of the VMWare operating environments in support of 24/7 operations.
• Understand and transform business requirements into scalable/manageable solution architecture and design specifications for reliability, scalability, security and integration.
• Identify opportunities and risks for architecting the company's applications or infrastructure solutions, including identification of competitive services, opportunities for innovation, total cost of ownership, benefits and assessment of marketplace obstacles and technical hurdles.
• Leverage industry standards to guide solution decisions in relation to reliability, scalability, security, and integration for the organization.
• Act as single point of contact at the site for issues relating to DCS system platform and associated hardware residing on the L3 and L2 networks and is the lead in the research and analysis of system application needs and problems for users.
• Install and configure new Emmerson DeltaV Backup and Recovery systems.
• Review, research, recommend, and implement system design improvements across platforms.
• Develop new system and application implementation plans, custom scripts and testing procedures to ensure operational reliability. Train technical staff in how to use new software and hardware developed and/or acquired.
• Provide proactive technical support to Operations and Area CSE’s and Inspectors for diagnosing DCS equipment problems, developing repair plans, and executing repairs. May guide or provide work direction to technical staff, contract staff and/or employees.
• Perform troubleshooting as required. As such, leads problem-solving efforts often involving outside vendors and other support personnel and/or organizations.
• Establish, maintain, and manage user’s accounts. Installs, modifies, and maintains systems and utility software on server computer systems. Provides server support related to other software.
• Establish guidelines and methods for the installation and management of the virtual server host computer operating systems, disk arrays, fiber channel switches, flex-fabric modules, and other components.
• Ensure high availability and acceptable levels of performance of mission critical virtual server host computer resources.
• Develop procedures to maintain security and protect systems from unauthorized use, acts of nature and user abuse.
• Responsible for the protection, retention, and integrity of system data.
• Develop procedures, programs and documentation for backup and restoration of host operating systems and host-based applications.
• Develop and coordinates project directions and schedules to maximize benefits and minimize impacts on the customer organizations. Provide leadership in planning and implementation of projects for computer operations and enterprise systems administration.
• Participate or represent department requirements on assigned projects as directed by Management or Project Manager. SME, Tester or Deployment resource depending on work activity.
• Develop tools, procedures, and training sessions for Operations, Digital Systems staff to assist with work.
• Participates in factory testing, system integration and acceptance testing during the purchase process of new systems.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• BS in Engineering discipline or 2/4-Year degree related to IT.
• In-depth knowledge of LAN/WAN topologies.
• 5-10 years’ experience with Hyper-converged technologies.
• 5-10 years’ experience administering TIS/OMM.
• 5-10 years’ experience administering PI Administration/Management interface Tools.
• 5-10 years’ experience administering VMware environments.
• 5-10 years’ experience with DeltaV/Honeywell backup & recovery Consoles.
• 5-10 years’ experience performing preventive/predictive maintenance on DCS and Process Control computing systems.
• Knowledge of heterogeneous networked HP and Dell server environment, including but not limited to Microsoft Windows Server, Linux, VMware vSphere, VMware Replication, ESXi, Veeam, Hyper-V, Delta-V Virtual Studio, Symantec Endpoint Protection, Symantec System Recovery, Altiris, Veritas Backup Exec, Citrix, Active Directory, Powershell, and Group Policies.
• Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server, Server Hardware, TCP/IP, DNS, NFS, BIND, SMTP, NTP, LDAP, HTTP, SSH, FTP, OPC, DCOM, iSCSI, and Fiber-channel.
• Excellent communication/customer service skills, strong analytical skills, strong documentation/written communication skills, prioritize and multi-tasking and ability to work well in a collaborative teaming environment.
• Familiar with HA and DR solution design concepts.
• Storage Area Networks, Virtualized Computing and SSL Certificate Administration
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.