CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. IT Business Analyst in Houston, Texas
IT Business Analyst
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
IT Business Analyst
Category: Business Analysis (functional and technical)
City: Houston, Texas, US United States
Position ID: J1221-2701
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI is looking for an IT Business Analyst to join our Oil & Gas practice! This role is based in Houston, TX.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Able to link technical solutions with business strategy when working with business partners.
• Has knowledge of how competitors are using IT solutions to gain competitive edge, applies that knowledge to projects.
• Leading stakeholder management activities. Creates opportunities to make the stakeholder feel valued and develop trust.
• Broad and extensive knowledge, often in own specialized field, to provide interpretive, advisory or facilitating services for the use of others to achieve results.
• Volunteers for community leadership roles. Supports the regional networks through leading activities, presenting topics, and coaching others.
• Participates in team effort to create new best practice material based on identified gaps. Serves as an SME for specific tools, techniques, or business areas.
• Participates in industry IT BA related activities such as IIBA webcasts and/or chapter meetings and applies learnings within Company including sharing of learnings.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 10 years of corporate IT experience; 4+ Years IT BA Experience.
• Knowledge and Skill of Business Analysis techniques and tools.
• CCBA or PMI-PBA certified preferred. Working to achieve CBAP if preference to remain on IT BA career path.
• Agile project experience.
• Knowledge of the technology landscape including current and future developments and the most commonly available products and integrated solutions, or a demonstrated ability to learn it.
• Ability to take a systematic and analytical approach to problem solving and pay close attention to detail.
• Able to act as a focal point for a specialized area (technical or business).
• Demonstrates a concern and aptitude for considering the user's perspective in IT development. and has a deep understanding of user aspects of interactive systems.
• Knowledge in understanding of business process improvement, benefit and risk management.
• Knowledge in Trading and Supply Domain.
• Knowledge in Endur.
Soft Skills & Experience
• Show substantial personal drive to get things done.
• Strong stakeholder management and requirements elicitation skillsets.
• Ability to communicate concisely and clearly
• Proficiency in writing user stories, acceptance criteria.
• Experience analyzing the alignment between business requirements and system capabilities
• Strong interpersonal and influencing skills.
• Self-starter who can drive initiatives and is a team player.
• Strong interpersonal skills, communication, presentational skills, and stakeholder engagement.
• A curiosity to learn and adapt to new ways of working and thinking.
Agile / Collaborative Method
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.