CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Government PaaS Infrastructure Architect in Houston, Texas
Government PaaS Infrastructure Architect
- Log in
Find similar career opportunities
Government PaaS Infrastructure Architect
City: Houston, Texas, United States
Position ID: J0320-1669
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: A company committed to clients
CGI is in search of a Cloud Infrastructure Architect who is self-motivated and specializes in server hardware, operating systems, network, storage, disaster recovery, and security (NIST and FED Ramp compliance). Candidate will be responsible for end-to-end solution integrity and for the development and management of new projects thru the bid, internal governance, and the assurance of successful delivery and profitability for the organization.
Candidate will work with key business stakeholders and subject matter experts, to build a holistic view of the client strategy, processes and information technology assets. The candidate will take this knowledge and ensure that the client business requirements and the End to End solutions are developed in alignment.
Candidate will link the business mission, strategy, and processes of an organization to its IT strategy, and document this using multiple architectural models or views that show how the current and future needs of an organization will be delivered. In addition to new bids, this individual will assist the Gov PaaS sector in analyzing existing architectures in place (by account) to recommend improvements, help guide root cause analysis investigation following outages, and provide architecture and design support around requested hardware/software upgrades, new service offerings, etc.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Serve as the Government PaaS Infrastructure Architect and support GTO Technology Roadmap efforts.
o Represent the interests of the Government IP accounts (Advantage, Momentum, etc.) providing input into long term technology strategy, identifying and driving opportunities for innovation, and guidance for implementation.
o Maintain a strong understanding of Infrastructure enterprise architecture, servers, systems design, virtual hosts, and configuration management and licensing. Review new and existing enterprise program/project architecture for compliance with IT standards policies and architectural plans.
• Lead technical solutioning for new business, organic growth, and required upgrades/refreshes specific to the Government PaaS portfolio
o Work autonomously with client engagement, delivery teams, and account teams to discuss requirements, understand and dissect our clients’ ‘problems’, and solution thorough, cost effective, end-to-end solutions for implementation.
• Provide technical leadership to the Government PaaS Sector team:
o Assess existing Fed, State, and Local client environments by account and recommend improvements related to availability, performance, cost savings, etc. where applicable.
o Assess current shared services architecture and technical baseline, document environments, and identify areas of improvement related to availability, performance, cost savings, etc.
o Support and drive root cause analysis / investigation following outages impacting the Government PaaS accounts.
o Support the Business Engineering team in designing and solutioning new service offering requests or enhancements within the Government PaaS portfolio
o Devise plans to mitigate the gaps between the current and future enterprise technologies and service offerings.
• Create and maintain Architectural Drawings and Documentation
o In addition to being an architectural thought leader driving technical solutions, create and maintain the corresponding architectural drawings and solution documentation, allowing the engineers to implement the solution designed.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Infrastructure architecture of DNS, Active Directory and other Directory Services implementations
• Experience with application and disaster recovery solutions for existing platforms (AIX P-series, VMware, Citrix, and Windows)
• Strong knowledge of network and systems design principles
• Experience troubleshooting technical issues with operations and client architect/system administrators and driving problem resolution from problem identification through change mgmt/corrective action(s)
• Highly effective communication skills and experience on a service oriented team
• Demonstrate strategic thinking, can map organizational vision and long-term thinking, imagination, and idea generation into technical solutions
• Exceptional interpersonal skills to work effectively and instill confidence with internal and external leaders and the ability to network and coordinate across multiple CGI programs and internal teams.
• Deep understanding of Infrastructure and Cloud architecture, industry standards, and best practices.
• Ability to clearly and concisely document architectural diagrams, technical proposals, and research results.
• Performance analysis experience
• Strong writing skills to produce technical documentation is a MUST
• Excellent Client facing skills with the ability to capture the audience and sell the solution
• Ability to manage deliverables across multiple internal and external organizations
• Ability to understand customer pain points, requirements and translate these into a winning solution
• A healthy balance of technical savvy, business acumen, and subject matter expertise
• Ability to manage client and vendor relations with a strong focus on bridging the gap between the client supplying requirements and vendor delivering upon them
• BS/MS in technical field of study such as engineering or computer science
• 10+ years of IT infrastructure services experience preferably in Managed Services
• 10+ years of relevant architecture experience
• The senior infrastructure architect's primary client support location will be U.S. Northern Virginia
• Ideal candidates have come from a UNIX background, understand networking well, and moved into VMware/Windows/Citrix architecture roles.
Skill Set Years of Experience Proficiency Level
Active Directory (General) 10+ Senior
Microsoft Operating Systems to Windows 2019 10+ Senior
Unix Operating Systems to RedHat 7.5 10+ Senior
Disaster Recovery Solutions 10+ Senior
Network connectivity and concepts 10+ Senior
Infrastructure / HW Platforms and Specifications 10+ Senior
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS/NON-ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
• Fed RAMP Security expertise
• Industry frameworks and methodologies including waterfall, iterative, agile, SCRUM, and ITIL
Skill Set Years of Experience Proficiency Level
Endpoint Security 10+ Senior
Fed RAMP and NIST Security 3+ Senior
Minimum Education Required:
Undergraduate degree in IT desired or comparable experience
Hands-on technical training in IT and Management disciplines Bachelors Degree
If ‘other’: Technical Training and Experience
Disaster Rec & ContingencyPlan
Strategic & Business Planning
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.