CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. GoldenGate/Oracle DBA in Houston, Texas
Find similar career opportunities
Category: Database Administration
City: Houston, Texas, United States
Position ID: J0619-0336
Employment Type: Full Time
ARM is a software solution for managing assets and resources. ARM is modular or can be implemented as a suite. ARM was developed for the utility industry and is the US Market leader for distribution utilities in Enterprise Asset Management (EAM).
The GoldenGate/Oracle DBA will support multiple, concurrent internal and external projects in the utilities space, particularly in the ARM realm through installation and maintenance of the ARM suite to meet client needs.
The winning candidate will:
• Install, configure, clone, and maintain (upgrade and patch), monitor an ARM suite databases, including GoldenGate.
• Manage, support and maintain database technology and infrastructure, adhering to the architectural guidelines and policies.
• Automate recurring or redundant database tasks using Shell/Perl scripts.
• Provide technical expertise and hands-on support in consolidation and migration of databases to new hardware and platforms.
• The physical implementation of databases, storage structures, high-availability solutions, replication, and disaster recovery solutions.
• Proactive and reactive performance analysis, monitoring, troubleshooting and resolution of escalated issues.
• Regular database capacity planning related to database growth and system utilization, trend analysis, predictive future database resource requirements, and the structured organized reporting of the same.
• Evaluate and research new database features, version, and technologies.
• Develop database standards, guidelines, and best practices.
Design and architect solutions which often require complex system integration.
• Work closely with product development, project support, and technical operations to ensure delivery of database services within the SLA’s and performance targets.
• Participate in the evaluation, selection, and implementation of DBA tools to improve the effectiveness of tasks such as performance monitoring and tuning, recovery, and database change management processing.
• Lead and contribute to design discussions in a cross-functional project setting.
• Work in an Agile Scrum environment.
• Ability to work well as a team and as an individual with minimal supervision.
• 5+ years database administration experience managing multiple databases from version 11g onwards
• 3+ years Golden Gate experience, including installation and maintenance of application environments, managing complex replication topology
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Business or equivalent (experience in lieu of a degree)
• Experience with Oracle Data Guard setup
• Experience with configuration, load balancing, backup/recovery, sizing and space management, PL/SQL tuning, diagnostics, and proficiency in the use of Oracle’s Enterprise Manager
• Should have strong Linux platform skills and understanding of network, storage, tiered application environments, and security.
• Working knowledge of RAC will be a plus
• Outstanding communication and troubleshooting skills
• Demonstrated ability to solve complex systems and database environment issues.
• Demonstrate the ability to work in a complex organization to determine business and customer needs, providing the best solution to meet those needs.
Five years experience with the following:
Experience with virtualization and cloud technologies is a plus.
- Database Administration
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.