CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Full Stack Data Engineer in Houston, Texas
Full Stack Data Engineer
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Full Stack Data Engineer
City: Houston, Texas, United States
Position ID: J0920-1506
Employment Type: Contract
Large Oil & Gas company is leading the transition towards a low-carbon future. We aim to cut the net carbon footprint of our energy products in half by 2050. Our New Energies business, set up in 2016, supports this ambition. New Energies is an emerging opportunity.
Our client's New Energies focuses on two areas: new fuels and power. New Fuels consists of investments in hydrogen, biofuels, and electric vehicle charging. In Power, we are building up positions across the full electricity value chain, including in renewable generation, retail energy, distributed energy resources, power trading and marketing, and grid services. Within these focus areas, we look for ways to connect customers with new business models for mobility and energy services, enabled by digital technologies and decentralization of energy systems. Development and delivery of our Energy Platform to support these ambitions will be paramount in achieving our goals.
Energy Platform Team
The Energy Platform team is a nimble, cross-functional, deeply technical and passionate group that embodies the speed and agility of a startup while embracing the scale of one of the largest companies in the world. Achieving a balance between agility and global scale provides unique opportunities, and the Energy Platform Team borrows from best-in-class product development, continuous delivery, and commercialization techniques while adapting them to the unique global context.
The Energy Platform team is empowered to coordinate and align our client's energy management platform objectives, strategies, and execution approaches across the company, as well as to design, deliver and maintain a mission critical component and ability to deliver differentiated products, offerings and capabilities across its expanding global footprint.
If you have wanted to bring your technical expertise, ‘challenge-accepted!’ mentality, and passion for building amazing products with real world impact for hundreds of millions of customers, come join our team! We have been looking for you! We have an amazing team with deep backgrounds across technology and energy.
This is a hands-on Full Stack Big Data Engineer role responsible for building the next-generation libraries, platforms and data pipelines. You will develop data engineering assets and entities to empower self-serve of data products.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Develop and deploy production-grade services, and data infrastructure emphasizing performance, scalability, and self-service.
• Assume a leadership role in developing solutions with experience in continuous delivery, immutable deployments, containerization, and micro-service architectural patterns.
• Are "biased to action" and not easily blocked by problems and difficulties, instead taking ownership
• Believe in monitoring, QA, and security as a first-class citizen in any data product.
• Excited to build data platforms and tools that abstract implementation details for developers, analysts, and data scientists, enabling data transit.
• Dedicated to automation, documentation, and collaboration at all stages of the engineering workflow.
• Passionate about mentoring colleagues and educating the organization on data engineering best practices.
• Maintain a firm understanding of the business long term goals and strategy to inform system implementation - able to see the forest through the trees.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Minimum 8 years of experience in Full Stack development work with below technologies.
• Experience in productionizing various big data technologies both open source and cloud native, AWS preferred (Kafka, Airflow, Dremio etc).
• Expertise in data model design with sensitivity to usage patterns and goals - schema, scalability, immutability, idempotency, etc.
• Expertise in at least two of the following languages - Python, Go, Scala, Java
• Experience in handling Large Scale Time Series data
• Experience in GraphQL, Apollo and Hasura.
• Track record of choosing the right transit, storage, and analytical technology to simplify and optimize user experience.
• Real-world experience developing highly scalable solutions using micro-service architecture designed to democratize data to everyone in the organization.
• Put your passion of CICD to work and enjoy the impact it has to software quality and customers!
• Live and love Docker, EKS, GitLab, Terraform
• Build terraform scripts and other deployment and configuration automation
• Live, laugh, and love some flavor of Agile. With a side of Scrum.
• Work closely with other teams and individuals to plan, coordinate, and seek feedback.
• Pitch in where needed as a valued team member. There is no “i” in team…but 2 in “idiot”.
• Docker, K8, Cloud, microservices, containerization, web services, DB/SQL, etc. etc. (You get it).
• Strong analytical, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills. Let’s face it, you are one of the smartest people you know.
• Experienced with modern coding, testing, debugging and automation techniques.
• Rave about the benefits of CI/CD, unless manual deployments really are your thing.
• Have a high bar for user experience and quality.
• You are data driven and customer obsessed.
• Good communication skills.
Full Stack Development
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.