CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Document Control Lead in Houston, Texas
Document Control Lead
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Document Control Lead
Category: Business Consulting, Strategy and Digital Transformation
City: Houston, Texas, United States
Position ID: J0421-0571
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
CGI is in need of a Document Control Lead. This role must be located in Houston, Texas.
The Document Control Lead will:
• Develop and implement a set of key procedures and specifications governing the document control process, including document control procedure, document numbering specification, correspondence procedure, archiving specification, translation procedure and other documentation together defining the Document Control framework on the given project.
• Prepare specifications for documents (requirement, control, delivery) for (a) Internal and external design and vendor documents, and (b) Project correspondence.
• Comply with the Company Records Management for Controlled and not Controlled documents.
• Execute project archiving and handover to next project phase / Operations.
• Manage all paper and electronic document flow within project, and from / to contractors or vendors. Create and maintain document distribution matrix.
• Establish and coordinate the use of document “team working areas” for uncontrolled documents and informal sharing.
• Establish and maintain the Doc Control System and Electronic Document Management System (EDMS).
• Drive improvements within the Document Control scope through leadership, standards, and behaviors.
• Implement solutions that educate and encourage internal and external stakeholders to become more collaborative and contribute to the project value.
• Prepare and issue document reports (Monthly Contractor Master Document Register status / progress / forecast, Weekly Company Document review statistics).
• Liaise with project teams to establish and oversee Project Document Control reports (status, progress and forecast) to be run on a weekly / monthly basis (as required) as part of standard Project KPI functions.
• Supervise a team of project document controllers and / or manage document control services rendered by a third party provider, often split over a number of locations around the World.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Coordinating document control activities across a number of Capital Projects which may be at various stages of the ORP.
• Working in a highly virtualized environment in a geographically diverse and multicultural team.
• Ensuring that various disciplines on the Capital Project follow the specifications and the standards.
• Ability to work in a fast moving, rapidly changing and dynamic environment of a major Capital Project.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Experience and Qualifications Required
• Previous experience as a Document Controller
• Oil & Gas experience mandatory
• Ability to create and update policies/procedures
• Document control processes and systems on Major Capital Projects, and of the interface management in the major execution contracts (e.g. FEED, EPC, EPCM)
• Cross-discipline engineering documents (requirements and use) and discipline approval processes within project teams.
• Records Management principles and implementation methods.
• Document control and document management systems as well as in using (at least some of) project reporting software such as Crystal, Business Objects, MS Access, and Excel is essential.
Leadership and Interpersonal Skills
• Experience managing small teams of junior staff personnel.
• A high degree of skill in written and oral communications.
Capital Projects Information Management experience
- Document Management
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.