CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Digital Business Analyst in Houston, Texas
Digital Business Analyst
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Digital Business Analyst
Category: Business Analysis (functional and technical)
City: Houston, Texas, US United States
Position ID: J0122-1810
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI is looking for a Digital Business Analyst to join our Oil & Gas practice! This role is based in Houston, Texas.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• The Digital Business Analyst is responsible for identifying and documenting the business needs of Scotford stakeholders and helping to determine the feasibility of digital opportunities that meet business needs and resolve business problems.
• This position will give you the opportunity to grow to become an active thought partner and solution visionary who shapes the technology demand and direction and supports the digital + business transformation team at Scotford.
• Precisely capture business problems, value drivers, and functional/non-functional requirements, including health, safety, security, usability, data, and supportability considerations.
• Translate business requirements into functionality and assess the risks, feasibility, opportunities, and business impacts of various solution options.
• Assess and model processes, data flows, and technology to understand the current value and issues, and identify opportunities for improvement.
• Create clear documentation to communicate requirements and related information; keep updated to align with the solution over the project lifecycle.
• Ensure traceability of requirements from business needs and requirements, through testing and scope changes, to a final solution.
• We are an inclusive team that supports and fosters open dialogue and collaboration as we seek to drive our transformation at pace.
• Interact with software suppliers, designers and developers to understand software limitations, deliver elements of system and database design, and ensure that business requirements and use cases are handled.
• Ready to lead Scotford's transformation beyond our existing ways of working into our Energy & Chemicals Park
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Strong knowledge of AMS is essential for this role. Accountabilities.
• Configure and document software and processes, using agreed standards and tools.
• Create acceptance criteria and validate that solutions meet business needs through defining and coordinating testing.
• Create and present compelling business cases to justify solution value and establish approval, funding and prioritization.
• Initiate, plan, execute, monitor, and control Business Analysis activities on projects within agreed parameters of cost, time and quality.
Soft Skills & Experience
• Show substantial personal drive to get things done.
• Strong stakeholder management and requirements elicitation skillsets.
• Ability to communicate concisely and clearly
• Proficiency in writing user stories, acceptance criteria.
• Experience analyzing the alignment between business requirements and system capabilities
• Strong interpersonal and influencing skills.
• Self-starter who can drive initiatives and is a team player.
• Strong interpersonal skills, communication, presentational skills, and stakeholder engagement.
• A curiosity to learn and adapt to new ways of working and thinking.
- Business Analysis
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.