CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Designer in Houston, Texas
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Category: Software Development/ Engineering
City: Houston, Texas, US United States
Position ID: J0122-1218
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI is looking for a Designer who works within standard procedures and work instructions, and under the guidance of a more experienced colleague. Assists in the design, coding, reviewing, analyzing, and modifying of technical solutions. Suggests recommendations for bug/problem resolution.
This role is based in Houston, Texas.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• A designer who can be hands on as well as think more strategically about interaction design to the level of design systems.
• A designer who can lead the experience workstream of projects.
• Someone who researches empathetically and thoroughly to build the foundation from which to define and design from.
• A holistic thinker, looking at, yet also beyond, the digital screen towards all touchpoints that deliver on product experience.
• Passionate about your craft and strive to make beautiful, engaging, intuitive, modern, accessible digital products.
• A shaper who wants to define user experiences of the future.
• A champion of design that can show the value of experience and interaction design to one of the world's biggest companies. What you'll need in your toolkit.
• The ability to be highly independent, confident and flexible to adapt to a fluid landscape.
• The capacity to learn and adapt to new ways of working and thinking, communicating effectively through storytelling and visuals yet also in a language that resonates with the business.
• The aptitude to effectively manage and leverage stakeholders, illustrating the value that design can bring to the enterprise.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Expert from research techniques to workshop facilitation to crafting prototypes and Experiences What does a week in the life look like? At a project level
• Be actively involved in project work/creating a product; owning the experience component.
• Carry out appropriate research (direct and ethnographic).
• Identify use cases, write epics, user stories, acceptance criteria, content, and requirements.
• Produce working documentation/deliverables such as experience guidelines, wireframes, UX flows, screens, and prototype(s). Experience of Sketch & InVision (or equivalents) expected.
• Produce deliverables such as design documentation, Wireframes, flows, screens and prototype(s). Experience of Sketch & InVision (or equivalents) expected.
• Working hand-in-glove with technical/development teams.
• Develop and run prototype testing sessions; A-B testing of design components and flows, information hierarchy validation (e.g. card sorting, etc.).
• Use (and constantly evolve) the UI design language, components, grid structures, icons, interactions.
• Support the facilitation of workshops to prioritize, ideate, and define opportunities.
• Working hand-in-glove with technical/development teams.
• Work with the wider organization and cross-functional project teams to clarify business problems.
• Now and then produce visual design and communication that is engaging and impactful – delivered through tools such as Adobe Creative Suite. At a capability level.
• Work closely with other designers to execute a balanced approach to project work and product build.
• Adapt and continuously iterate feedback on the project approach to the hub design lead.
• Your experience and ambition are wider than 'design' and extend into lean and human-centered innovation as well as an appreciation of business rigor.
Soft Skills & Experience
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with all stakeholders including senior leadership.
• A real breadth of skills – from research to workshop facilitation to crafting prototypes and experiences.
• Highly independent, flexible, and adapting to evolving environments, with well-developed people skills.
• A confident and passionate designer but down-to-earth, humble, and personable.
• Key sense of people and team.
• Pragmatic and adaptive.
• Good communication skills. Bonuses to include as part of your application excellent oral and written presentation skills.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.