CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Data Analyst in Houston, Texas
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Category: Business Analysis (functional and technical)
City: Houston, Texas, US United States
Position ID: J0921-0946
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI needs a Data Engineer to join our growing team of analytics experts. The hire will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams. The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. The Data Engineer will support our software developers, database architects, data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects. They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing or even re-designing our company’s data architecture to support our next generation of products and data initiatives.
This role requires a resource based in Houston, Texas.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Manages one or more data engineering projects of moderate complexity.
• Leads or acts as key team member in defining and builds the data pipelines that will enable faster, better, data-informed decision-making within the business.
• Designs and implements a new big data solution which supports high amounts and velocity of data and supports future growth.
• Identifies latest development, testing and deployment techniques to quickly deploy new releases to e.g. deploy new data pipelines and add data sources.
• Takes direct reports, when applicable, through Agile Framework and its respective tools. Influences stakeholders in adopting analyses / outcomes.
• Acts proactively to support the business to further professionalize their MI / Analytic reporting platform, using the ESSA approach.
• Plays a prominent role in project related meetings etc.
• Utilizes business partnering in order to gather, analyse and model data and key performance indicators of the highest complexity.
• Working as Data Engineering Lead to develop and deploy innovative big data platforms for advanced analytics and data processing.
• Works independently under broad managerial supervision.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Experience in ADLS
• Experience in Azure storage services Databricks.
• Experience in Python, Azure, Sql Db.
• Experience in Azure Synapse with Data modeling & Data warehousing Azure Data factory.
• Experience in expanding and optimizing data and data pipeline architecture.
• Experience in data wrangler.
• Knowledge in CI/CD.
Soft Skills & Experience:
• Proven track record of building strong stakeholder relationships at different organizational levels
• Able to produce high quality business-facing deliverables and activities to drive
• Resilient and able to manage challenge and resistance
• Results/outcomes oriented, business value focused
• Confident and able to work in high-ambiguity work environment
• Effective oral and written presentation skills
Azure Data Factory
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.