CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. C# WPF Developer in Houston, Texas
C# WPF Developer
- Log in
Find similar career opportunities
C# WPF Developer
City: Houston, Texas, United States
Position ID: J1119-2060
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
We are looking to hire a UI developer with strong expertise in WPF & MVVM and C# .NET. The developer will work on delivering a first-class user experience within the next generation Integrated Reservoir & Production System Modelling platform and its custom add-ons. It is an agile team with short development cycles, and a distributed work environment with teams based across multiple time zones.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Design, develop, test and analyze new and existing desktop application or Add-on(s).
• Program clear, structured, code following best practices.
• Work with domain users and leads to gather and understand requirements.
• Support leads and POs in devising optimal usability solutions
• Work with other teams to resolve issues and implement new features.
• Mentor other developers with any technical difficulties.
• Integrity in all aspects of work and relations with other team members and clients
• Trustworthiness to protect sensitive information and maintain client confidentiality
• Self-motivated and self-managing with the ability to identify next steps, prioritize tasks, and produce results in a timely manner
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Proven record of delivering UI components with excellent usability
• Strong knowledge of Object Oriented Programming with C#.NET
• Strong design, problem solving, troubleshooting, and debugging skills.
• Experience with source control systems (e.g., GIT and SVN)
• Experience of working with defect tracking tools (e.g., Mantis and VSTS).
• Experience in Agile Development Methodologies like SCRUM
• 4+ years of experience in application development using WPF with MVVM.
• Test driven Development
• Strong verbal and written communication skills for working with clients, other developers and technical contacts; ability to explain complex technical issues
Additional desirable skills:
• Experience in Oil & Gas domain and with scientific / simulation software
• Experience of working on add-on / Plug-in development.
• Experience of working in a distributed team environment
Object Oriented Programming
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.