CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. C# /C++ Developer in Houston, Texas
C# /C++ Developer
- Log in
Find similar career opportunities
C# /C++ Developer
City: Houston, Texas, United States
Position ID: J1019-0622
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
We are looking for a developer with expertise in C#, .NET, C++. Strong professional software development skill is required. Experience developing scientific/engineering software is a plus. The developer will work on the next generation Integrated Reservoir & Production System Modelling platform for creating custom add-ons. It is an agile team with short development cycles, and a distributed work environment with teams based across multiple time zones.
The ideal candidate likely has a formal education in computer science with previous experience as a C#/.NET developer on large, complex software projects (not necessarily in Oil & Gas). Skill and aptitude to work across a wide range of programming tasks (e.g., client, backend, testing) is required.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Design, develop, test and analyze new and existing technical application or Add-on(s)
• Program clear, structured code following best practices.
• Work with domain experts (POs, SMEs) to gather and understand requirements.
• Work with local and remote teams to resolve issues and implement new features.
• Mentor other developers with any technical difficulties.
• Protect sensitive information and maintain client confidentiality
• Proactively identify next steps, prioritize tasks, and produce results in a timely manner
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Expertise in Object Oriented Programming using C#, .NET, C+• 4+ years of experience in application development
• Proven record of creating maintainable, clear and well-structured software designs
• Proven record of delivering high quality robust code complete with unit tests
• Strong testing (unit and test-driven development) expertise
• Strong problem solving, troubleshooting, and debugging skills
• Good verbal and written communication skills for working with clients, other developers and technical contacts. Ability to explain complex technical issues.
• Ability to work with autonomy to identify and resolve problems
• Experience with source control tools (e.g., GIT and SVN)
• Experience with defect tracking/planning tools (e.g., Mantis, VSTS)
• Experience with Agile and/or SCRUM software development practices
Additional desirable skills:
• Experience with UI development using WPF & MVVM
• Experience developing scientific/technical software
• Experience with Oil & Gas domain
• Experience of working on add-on / Plug-in development
C+ What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.