CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Business Analyst in Houston, Texas
Find similar career opportunities
Category: Business Analysis (functional and technical)
City: Houston, Texas, United States
Position ID: J0619-0368
Employment Type: Full Time
Become part of a growing team implementing software solutions to the utility industry. If you enjoy travel, interacting with clients, and are motivated by client success, your opportunity awaits.
ARM is a utility industry software solution for managing assets and resources. ARM is modular or can be implemented as a suite. ARM was developed for the utility industry and is the US Market leader for distribution utilities in Enterprise Asset Management (EAM).
The successful candidate will join a dynamic team in the utilities space dedicated to helping our client design and implement a solution that meets their needs.
FUTURE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
List principle responsibilities.
The winning candidate will:
• Engage with multiple external customer stakeholder groups during multiple business process reengineering sessions to define business requirements and process flows
• Analyze, define requirements, design, configure, and support business applications
• Create and maintain functional deliverables including business process diagrams, design specifications and documentation of configuration changes
• Design and develop configurations to tailor the behavior of the ARM application to the client's business processes and evolving business requirements
• Provide continual improvement process recommendations and implementation related to the customer experience
• Assist with implementation of new functionality, configurations, enhancements, interfaces, extensions and reports as approved
• Troubleshoot ARM issues, whether related to core functionality or those originating from customization, extensions, or interfaces
• Conduct analysis on problems independently, research and recommend solutions, and execute resolution steps to address client issues.
• Create test plans, test cases, test scripts and perform functional testing
• Strong problem solving skills – logical approach and methodical analysis
• Assist in risk management activities including Identifying, mitigating and escalating risks
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work in a dynamic team environment
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE
Clearly identify the essential qualification vs the desired qualifications. What skills/experience must this person have to be considered?
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
• Ability to travel up to 80% of the time to work at client sites
• 2-5 years of experience, preferably in the utility sector
• Hands-on experience with large financial or operational systems
• Ability to effectively communicate and interact with clients at all levels of the client organization
• Strong written and oral communication skills, good presentation skills
• Ability to work independently, establish priorities, meet deadlines
• Self-motivated team player with a positive attitude and good work ethic is essential to success
• Previous experience in project based work is desired
- Business Analysis
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.