CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Business Analyst in Houston, Texas
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Category: Business Analysis (functional and technical)
City: Houston, Texas, US United States
Position ID: J0921-0421
Employment Type: Full Time
Oil & Gas client in need of a Business Analyst to manage one or more tactical IM projects, delegated by the IM Manager. This role must be located in Houston, Texas.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Acts as first point of contact for the respective business on Information Management and confidently advises the business on how to use the full capabilities of Information Management solutions.
• Provides assistance to educate individuals and teams on IM compliance requirements.
• Liaises with the business and developers internally and externally to deliver Information Management solutions.
• Compares market standard solutions with in-house developed or legacy solutions and provides limited consultation to the business.
• Work activities and advice have influence on a wider set of processes and disciplines.
• Active in helping design fit-for-purpose Information Management solutions and having responsibility for elements of the delivery of those solutions.
• Complies with IM standards, manual, data privacy and other IM-related laws and regulations within their respective business and active in coaching others to comply.
• Responsible for identifying opportunities to deliver value to the business through both the implementation of Information Management solutions and the harvesting of existing
• Information Management assets, enabling the achievements of business strategy, value drivers and KPIs.
• Ensures that business Information requirements (as dictated by business processes) are fulfilled.
• Works under broad guidance and supervision by Manager / Team Lead for complex activities.
• Write the IM discipline's scope in the Project Execution Strategy (PES) and the Operations Philosophy. Ensure alignment between the IM delivery activities and the Integrated Project Schedule, develop IM related cost estimates.
• Together with the IT Business Analyst in the early DEFINE phase facilitate development of a Solution Architecture for the Capital Project.
• In the SELECT and DEFINE phases write the IM Scope of Work, Information Specification and the IM discipline's clauses in the Invitation to Tender (ITT) and the Major Execution Contract (FEED, EPC, EPCM, etc.) documents, contribute to the bid review and evaluation process.
• Coordinate the provision of the IM services (data control, document control) to the project team.
• Determine the scope of IM services and support that the project's team requires and ensure that the services are delivered to the level agreed with the IM Delivery Verticals.
• Act as a DCAF Technical Authority Level 3 (TA3) in the Project.
• Contribute to the development of the Project Controls and Assurance Plan (PCAP).
• Ensure sign-off of all IM DCAF deliverables relevant for the ORP phase.
• The IM Business Analyst applies available standards, methods and tools in an intelligent and effective way, and produces a consistently high standard of documentation of both a technical and a descriptive nature. This person will plan, arrange and facilitate meetings, workshops and relations with the project execution teams during scoping exercises and throughout subsequent development work.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• At least 3 years of experience in information/data management within the Oil & Gas industry.
• Knowledge of document control and document management processes.
• Knowledge of DCAF
• Knowledge in Business Analysis techniques.
• Technical skills in data modeling
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.