CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Administrative Assistant- APC in Hot Springs, Arkansas
Administrative Assistant- APC
- Log in
Find similar career opportunities
Administrative Assistant- APC
City: Hot Springs, Arkansas, United States
Position ID: J0220-1023
Employment Type: Full Time
Under the supervision of the CGI management team, perform a variety of administrative and secretarial functions for the DOS/PPT Regional Management staff and Contract Management staff located at the Arkansas Passport Center. Maintain all office functions associated with meeting the needs of the front office including incoming calls, correspondence and faxes. Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearance requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Answer all incoming calls (external and internal) to the front office telephones in a highly professional manner and forward calls, take messages or resolve calls as warranted on an individual basis
• Must demonstrate ability to diplomatically and effectively deal with calls from applicants as well as government officials
• Serve as the primary point of contact with Consular Affairs (CA), Office of Personnel in Washington, D.C. on all federal personnel and attendance matters
• Organize and maintain confidential employee records and subject matter files
• Review incoming documents and take appropriate action/distribution.
• Assure timely submission of reports on a daily, weekly, bi-monthly or monthly basis
• Track and report official time and attendance records for all federal and contract employees at the agency
• Type/create memorandums and correspondence as requested by DOS management and contract management staff
• Provide support to other projects or tasks as required
• Receive deliveries and arrange for pick-up of outgoing shipments
• Be responsible for stocking the photocopy and facsimile machines and supplies as well as maintaining their operational status and taking the requested readings
• Receive and sort incoming/outgoing administrative mail
• Maintain constant awareness of all aspects of internal security including adherence to the restricted area policies, logging off computer terminals when not in use and securing work at the end of the business day
• Process employees for DS badges through the MDIS/DOS enrollment system, PIN resets and unlock badges
• Operate office equipment, including but not limited to: document scanners, telephones, intercoms, A-phones, and label printers
• Assist with ordering, tracking, receiving, inventorying office supplies through various methods
• Adhere to the Federal Privacy Act Laws and have knowledge of federal personnel rules and regulations including the Foreign Affairs Manual Volume III (FAM-Personnel)
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
High School Diploma or equivalent (2-year college degree preferred), and;
Three (3) years of experience utilizing a variety of office software, specifically: Microsoft (MS) Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point, MS Publisher, MS Excel, and MS Outlook, including;
Two (2) years of experience as an Administrative Assistant in an office environment, including;
Demonstrated experience with document management, preferably for a legal department of other office, and;
Demonstrated ability to prioritize and organize simultaneous work flow duties
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
Types 50 words per minute (WPM) with no errors
Ability to adapt to changes in procedures and assignments
Ability to establish working relationships at all organizational levels
Strong organizational skills, time management, and attention to detail
Can simultaneously manage and maintain multiple MS Outlook calendars for personnel, leave, training and/or conference rooms
Excellent written and oral communication skills to draft memoranda and reports
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.