CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Senior Application Architect in Herndon, Virginia
Senior Application Architect
CGI-experience the commitment
Find similar career opportunities
City:Herndon, Virginia, United States
Employment Type:Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: Committed to helping its professionals and clients
CGI has an immediate need for a Senior Application Architect to join our financial services team in Herndon, VA. This is an exciting full-time opportunity to work in a fast-paced team environment supporting one of the largest leaders in the secondary mortgage industry. We take an innovative approach to supporting our client, working side-by-side in an agile environment using emerging technologies.
This is the chance to further advance your career. Why?
• We partner with 15 of the top 20 banks globally, and our top 10 banking clients have worked with us for an average of 26 years!
• Full-time opportunity to become a member of a stable, growing organization with over $8.5 billion+ in annual revenue
• We have over 73,000+ CGI Members in 40 countries and over 5k+ loyal Clients who are leveraging our end-to-end services across the globe
• We offer a competitive total compensation package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401k, paid vacation, and much more – and all CGI benefits begin on your first day of employment!
Your future duties and responsibilities:
The Senior Application architect applies vast experience of system architectures, application technologies, data architectures, and infrastructures to support key IT initiatives.
The candidate must apply their knowledge of IT best practices appropriately to define IT solutions.
The individual must possess the ability to analyze solutions and technologies and recommend modifications based on knowledge of the organization's current and future needs.
The candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to: reviewing business and technical requirements, focusing on solution development throughout the project lifecycle, supporting development and testing activities, evangelizing best practices and proven patterns, and escalating architecture issues and concerns.
The candidate will manage and promote the use of Fannie Mae IT standards, serve as a subject matter expert to Fannie Mae projects and provide support for project team members. The candidate will create architectures and designs, will conduct peer reviews, and will develop target state architectures
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Bachelors or advanced degree in Computer Science, Math, or other engineering discipline
• A minimum of 5 years in defining current and target state architectures, transition architectures and roadmaps
• A minimum of 5 years with Enterprise Architecture frameworks like TOGAF, DoDAF, FEAF etc
• A minimum of 3 years using Architecture Modeling tools like Mega, IBM System Architect, Troux, Rational Software Architect etc
• A minimum of 10 years of hands-on Java design and development
• A minimum of 5 years implementing Java open source frameworks (i.e., Spring, Hibernate etc.)
• A minimum of 5 years implementing both RESTful and SOAP web services using JEE stack
• A minimum of 10 years of solutioning for projects implementing agile and waterfall methodologies
• A minimum of 2 years reviewing project architectures and solutions
• A minimum of 10 years with relational databases such as Oracle and SQL Server
• A minimum of 5 years with application servers and containers such as JBoss, Tomcat, WebLogic, Oracle Application Server
• A minimum of 3 years with TIBCO suite of products (EMS, Business Works, Business Events)
• A minimum of 5 years in selecting and integrating COTS solutions
• A minimum of 5 years with performance optimizations such as improving scalability, availability, throughput, failover, etc.
• A minimum of 2 years experience with BPM, distributed caching, cloud technologies
• A minimum of 5 years leading architecture efforts that requires close collaboration with project teams
• Ability to work with both senior management level executives and development teams
• Excellent communication, presentation, and documentation skills
• Professional demeanor
• TOGAF Certification
• Mortgage Industry knowledge experience
• JEE Certification
• Tibco EMS, BW, BE knowledge or certification
• VMware knowledge or certification
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
Have you been referred by a CGI Member for this position?* Yes No
CGI member’s email (@cgi.com) *
I agree to allow CGI to contact the CGI member who referred me to obtain additional information about my application and to confirm my referral. *
* This field is required.
CGI is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and to compliance with US laws and regulations. Click here at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEOPolicy-Signed2017.pdf to access our US EEO/Affirmative action policy.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws:
EPPA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf
FMLA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmlaen.pdf
Consolidated EEO Is The Law at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEO_Poster.pdf
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at http://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.