CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Jr. Systems Analyst in Herndon, Virginia
Jr. Systems Analyst
- Log in
Find similar career opportunities
Jr. Systems Analyst
Category: Business Analysis (functional and technical)
City: Herndon, Virginia, United States
Position ID: J0320-1725
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: A place to build an IT career
CGI is hiring a Full Time Junior Systems Analyst to join our financial services team in Herndon, VA. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a fast-paced team environment supporting one of the largest leaders in the secondary mortgage industry. We take an innovative approach to supporting our client, working side-by-side in an agile environment using emerging technologies.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
In this project, you will act as a key participant in application analysis, data analysis, and requirement gathering and support application systems analysis and programming activities in Capital Markets area
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 2-3 years of experience conducting relevant work. Passion to learn and a right attitude is a must.
• Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
• Ability to learn new tools, technologies, and business concepts quickly
• Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities with increased attention to detail
• In-depth knowledge of PC usage and related software packages, including but not limited to all Microsoft Office products, Visio, Toad, ER Studio, JIRA, etc .
• Demonstrated ability to develop high-quality deliverables, including detailed requirements specifications, flow, process, context and state diagrams, and other documentation and release-related artifacts.
• In-depth knowledge and hands-on experience with multiple software platforms and languages
• prefer experience working on system analysis and authoring functional/technical and integration specifications for complex applications
• In-depth knowledge of relational databases, data modeling concepts, etc.
• Proficient working with Oracle databases, including writing simple SQL queries to perform data profiling, refine/validate requirements, understand data dependencies and integration requirements, and analyze/interpret data.
EDUCATION: Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
Post graduate degree desired
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.