CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. AWS / Cloud Full Stack Developer in Herndon, Virginia
AWS / Cloud Full Stack Developer
- Log in
Find similar career opportunities
AWS / Cloud Full Stack Developer
City: Herndon, Virginia, United States
Position ID: J0220-0930
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: Committed to helping its professionals and clients
CGI has an immediate need for a AWS/Cloud Full Stack Developer to join our financial services team in Herndon, VA. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a fast-paced team environment supporting one of the largest leaders in the secondary mortgage industry. We take an innovative approach to supporting our client, working side-by-side in an agile environment using emerging technologies.
• We partner with 15 of the top 20 banks globally, and our top 10 banking clients have worked with us for an average of 26 years!
• We have over 73,000+ CGI Members in 40 countries and over 5k+ loyal Clients who are leveraging our end-to-end services across the globe
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Join a fast-paced agile team on target state and cloud work!
• Experienced in designing and developing integrated solution using the AWS services.
• Partner with business and operations stakeholders to define architectural quality metrics
• Promote and educate business and technology stakeholders on the use and value of optimized architecture & Solution
• Provide technical and architectural subject matter expertise to the various development teams including communicating architectural decisions and mentoring other technical staff around the various development technologies and decisions
• Experience in providing LOE assessments for future implementations
• Setting-up and configuring AWS services to best practices.
• Automated software deployment and configuration management.
• Help educate team on AWS and participate in deep architectural/design discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud.
• Experience in CI/CD frameworks like UrbanCode, Jenkins, Maven, AWS Code Commit, AWS CodePipeline
• Keep abreast of relevant architecture & development best practices
• Review work of other team members and mentor the development team members
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 12+ years of experience in Java/J2EE environment
• At least 5+ years of hands-on experience developing solutions on the AWS platform using services such as EB, RDS, S3, IAM, Lambda, Step Functions, API Gateway, Cloud Formation, etc.
• Expert level understanding of Java/J2EE based applications, as it relates to cloud/AWS
• Expert level demonstrated experience in Architecting, developing code, implementation and adopting to cloud strategy
• Experience in Postgres DB and SQL
• Creation and maintenance of CI/CD pipelines using AWS CodePipeline, Jenkins, Urbancode, etc.
• Ability to stay current with the evolving platform and understand how new AWS services can enrich our products
• Experience in Python & Angular development is an added advantage
Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
Java Enterprise Editions JEE
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.