CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Lead DevOps Expert in Hartford, Connecticut
Lead DevOps Expert
Find similar career opportunities
Lead DevOps Expert
Category: Project Management
City: Hartford, Connecticut, United States
Position ID: J1018-3087
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
CGI is looking for a Lead DevOps Expert to join the team in Hartford, CT. Candidate will be working with highly motivated team, that works on advanced DevOps practices. Candidate will be responsibe for Consulting, Analysis, Design, Development and Implementation of automated CI/CD pipelines for both brownfield and greenfield development projects
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Overall 8 + IT experience into:
• Perform application Level assessment and provide consultative leadership at the highest technical level, implement proof of concepts and recommend the DevOps pipeline
• Involved in the Consulting, Analysis, Design, Development and Implementation of software applications, automated CI/CD pipelines and test automation solutions.
• Incorporate Service Virtualization, Test Automation, CICD, Code Quality, Test Driven Infrastructure, TDM, CM, RM tools and processes towards a Continuous Delivery Model to help realize the vision of Release when Ready.
• Drive integration with other DevOps build and release tool chains (.NET, Java, Mainframe).
• Work in highly collaborative environment and facilitates the implementation of tools, scripts, or processes to shift teams towards higher level of maturity in technical agile transformation
• Automating Continuous Build (CB) of any necessary software after code is checked into version control
• Automating Continuous Integration (CI) of code into our configuration management system and running system integration tests and unit tests
• Automating Continuous Deployment (CD) of code to our stage environment which is a close replica of production environment
• Lead and develop configuration and support strategy of systems and software. This includes things like clustering, process monitoring, automated backups and disaster recovery.
• Manage continuous integration infrastructure, allowing the team to develop and deploy quickly and find defects as quickly as possible.
• Identify new technology as it surfaces and provide input into feature enablement.
• 10 + years of experinace with engineering approaches in design, build, testing and implementation based on modern development operations principles.
• Experience with with DevOps tools/products, such as uDeploy, Ansible, rundeck, Glu, Puppet, Chef, CI (Jenkins), TFS,Git,Docker, Kubernetes, Elasticsearch and monitoring tools (APM) that are open and commercial.
• Experience with Agile and Frameworks like Scrum/Kanban
• Experience with Static Code Analysis tools like SonarQube, Veracode is required.
• Experience with virtualization technologies such as OpenStack, VMWare.
• Experience with Service virtualization technologies such as CA DevTest[ LISA ] etc,.
• Experience with deployment on cloud platforms, such as MS Azur/AWS is desirable.
• Health care industry experience
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science
Skill Set Years of Experience Proficiency Level
Ruby,Python, Java, .Net SQL, NoSQL,Linux 10+ Advanced
CI/CD, DevOps 8+ Advanced
uDeploy, Ansible, rundeck, Glu, Puppet, Chef, CI (Jenkins), Docker, Kubernetes,Groovy, GIT, TFS 5+ Advanced
MS Azur/AWS 3+ Advanced
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS/NON-ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
Agile, Healthcare, DevOps
Skill Set Years of Experience Proficiency Level
Agile 8+ Advanced
DevOps 8+ Advanced
Healthcare 3+ Advanced
Software Development 10+ Advanced
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.