CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Insurance Account Manager in Hartford, Connecticut
Insurance Account Manager
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Insurance Account Manager
Category: Leadership and Management Roles
City: Hartford, Connecticut, US United States
Position ID: J0122-1663
Employment Type: Full Time
Director of Consulting Services
We are a global company of owners who shape the direction of our company and our own careers. CGI is among the largest independent IT and business consulting services firms in the world, and after 40+ years, we're still growing! The best version of us starts with you! ® Join CGI as a Director of Consulting Services (DCS) in Hartford, Connecticut.
This is an exciting opportunity to lead a portfolio of engagements for our Hartford Area insurance clients. This leader will have senior management responsibility with a significant focus on business development and delivery of consulting/products/services to our client. You will also manage a sub P&L, client relationships and members while maintaining profitable growth year over year. We come together as teams with a diversity of backgrounds to solve the complex business and IT challenges with comprehensive services for leading organizations around the world.
Our ideal candidate should possess deep Insurance domain experience, specifically in the field of IT and related delivery capabilities to clients in the Hartford community. You will be responsible for bringing solutions and thought leadership to our clients, work well in collaborative environments, be highly motivated by delivering excellent services to our clients and ensuring their satisfaction. Together we achieve meaningful results for our clients, invigorate the lives of our colleagues, and work to strengthen the communities we call home.
As the DCS, you will lead a team of senior consultants and consultants that will be part of your delivery organization. You will lead strategic pursuits, guide proposal building and orals presentations to create business solutions based on client growth requirements and market-driven business enhancements. Your team will take accountability for the winning of competitive proposals and the successful executions of assignments, projects and large delivery programs coordinating with local and global delivery centers.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Overall accountability of service delivery to our clients.
• Develop a strong pipeline of opportunities within new and existing accounts within the portfolio.
• Be the driving factor in proposals and evolve solution offerings.
• Provide leadership to a team of professionals – both direct reports and via global delivery.
• Ensure success of engagements using global delivery and vendor partners.
• Manage client satisfaction in partnership with delivery teams.
• Apply delivery and customer management best practices.
• Apply best practices such as succession planning, member performance reviews, and finance management.
• Contribute to business strategy and budget planning.
• Manage profitability of engagements.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• At least 10 years’ hands-on experience in Property&Casualty (P&C) insurance carriers or related services/product companies.
• Deep understanding of key lifecycle areas including at least 3 of the below:
o Product design/development
o Distribution management
o New business and underwriting
o In-force servicing
o Customer service/contact center
o Digital self-service
• Solid understanding with hands-on background in systems related to key lifecycle areas such as:
o Core Policy Administration platforms
o New Business platforms
o Retail agent platforms
o Wholesale distribution platforms
o Business Operations/Workflow systems
Required Account Management experience to be successful in this role
• At least 10 years of experience defining, selling and delivering business and information technology solutions to the Insurance sector.
• A minimum of 5 years of experience managing a P&L within a consulting organization (or a significant management role within a practice) with a focus on both sales and delivery.
• Demonstrated ability to create and implement a growth strategy in a consulting services environment.
• Results oriented business leader with solid understanding of budgets, forecasting, planning, P&L’s, complex pricing models and contracts management.
• Business development including strategic sales planning.
• Building and maintaining relationships with C level client executives with a goal to become their trusted advisor.
• A keen, flexible and solution oriented intellect; superior conceptual thinking as well as analytical and problem solving skills.
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, at all levels.
• Bachelor’s degree required. Masters degree is a plus.
• Ability to travel as required.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.