Human Resources Business Partner
Human Resources Business Partner
Category: Human Resources
Main location: United States, Connecticut, Hartford
Position ID: J1223-1420
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI has a challenging and exciting career opportunity in our Hartford, CT office for a Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) to join the CGI Human Resources team as a trusted advisor and consultant!
The HRBP will have responsibility for leading the human resources function supporting approximately 300 members within the U.S. East Business Unit as well as other duties as assigned.
This role must be located in our Hartford, CT office in a hybrid working model. In addition, periodic travel may be required.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
The HRBP will report directly to the HR Director and is expected to partner closely with senior line management to understand strategic objectives, goals, and opportunities. The HRBP will lead transformational change efforts that enable the sector’s ability to deliver outstanding service and care to clients while providing a work environment that is stimulating and challenging to employees. The HRBP will be adept at using integrated people strategies based on an understanding of a diverse workforce, enabling attraction, development and top talent. A focus on employee relations and effective leadership development programs will be key to success as will ensuring excellence in delivery of employee initiatives and programs. As part of the HR team, supporting the East Business Unit, the HRBP will collaborate with other HRBPs, Recruiting, Learning and Development, and HR Operations to set company-wide employee policies and strategies.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Minimum 7-10 years of demonstrated success leading strategic HR efforts within an IT company, for technical clients or a genuine curiosity about technology.
• Candidates must demonstrate past success in introducing transformational change efforts to an organization and the results those efforts produced.
• Strong executive presence and ability to represent HR at various executive level meetings, with the ability to resourcefully develop trust and establish himself/herself as a credible strategic business partner contributing to the overall success of our clients and champions of diversity, equity and inclusion.
• Experience in organizational and leadership development will be key in partnering with clients to drive HR initiatives (performance management, compensation, succession planning, benchmarking analysis, etc.).
• Candidates must demonstrate the ability to function independently as a consultant and counselor with senior management and key decision makers. Translating business needs into HR initiatives.
• Outstanding interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills; able to articulately deliver presentations to members and leaders.
• Must be able to create and implement HR programs and strategies with a degree of ingenuity, creativity, and innovation.
• A high degree of personal integrity and maturity including the ability to manage sensitive and confidential information.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partner with legal department as needed.
• Proven ability to handle multiple processes and priorities at once, while being flexible in a fast-paced and driven working environment.
• PHR/SPHR and/or SHRM-CP/SCP designation is preferred.
• Bachelor’s degree in a business discipline or equivalent work experience.
• The ability to work in the US indefinitely without sponsorship (US Citizen or Permanent Resident).
Desired qualifications/non-essential skills required:
• Knowledge of immigration and visa processing in support of foreign national candidates and employees.
• Prior Experience working in a process/metric driven environment.
At CGI, we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our organization are, as owners, empowered to take part in the challenges and rewards that come from building an outstanding company. CGI’s benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category.
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment.
• Back-up childcare, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to skill set, level, experience, relevant training, and licensure and certifications. To support the ability to reward for merit-based performance, CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range for this role in the U.S. is $55,600 - $179,200.
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, height, weight, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the Position ID of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a Position ID will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Clickhere (https://cgi-veterans.jobs/) to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.