CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. GIS Senior Developer in Hartford, Connecticut
GIS Senior Developer
Find similar career opportunities
GIS Senior Developer
City: Hartford, Connecticut, United States
Position ID: J0119-0007
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
• Manage, identify business needs, manage SOWs and the delivery of work.
• Serve as the GIS CGI Technical lead
• Accountable for adhering to enterprise architecture standards, ensuring integration technology standards and best practices are maintained across the organization and contributing to architecture strategy-setting. Continually works to enhance breadth and depth of knowledge and experience.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Define project-level application architectures in line with business area guidelines and strategies.
• Define detailed technical designs usable by project team programmers. Review code developed by Developers to ensure code is consistent with architecture design. Troubleshoots, recommends and executes action plans for issue resolution.
• Selects and designs tools that allow reuse of design components and patterns between projects. Develops actual working solutions or prototypes based on their own designs and resolves any issues that arise.
• Provide day-to-day technical direction to project team while also prioritizing and resolving technical issues affecting and deliverables, escalating technical issues when required. Facilitates project handoffs including preparing documentation, educating and supporting to ensure smooth transitions.
• Managing technical resources and provide cutting edge solutions to business problems.
• Own development of a few features in every Sprint.
• Ten or more years of experience in EJB application development & Java/J2ee application development.
• At least 4 years experience in GIS application development.
• Experience in SDLC and organizational process.
• Expertise in application architecture and design.
• Experience working with Enterprise Architects.
• Experience in development enterprise web applications.
• Experience developing file processing applications.
• Experience in development of work flow applications using workflow frameworks.
• Experience in database design, write stored procedure and complex queries.
• A solid understanding of QA and testing processes.
• UI Technologies such as React 16, Redux, Material-UI, HTML5, CSS3, Styled-Components
• Experience in optimizing end-to-end, integrated business processes, applications, and technology.
• Bachelor’s degree in an IT related field or equivalent IT work experience.
• Proficiency in consulting, negotiating, communicating, consensus building, presentation and facilitation.
• Demonstrated proficiency in creating complex architectural designs.
• Knowledge of and demonstrated experience applying current and emerging technology integration solutions and trends including security and regulatory industry requirements.
• Demonstrated effective decision-making skills related to implementing integration architecture and design.
• Knowledge of integration files formats and canonical structures, transmission protocols and transformation technologies.
• Knowledge of Project Management Methodologies.
• In-depth knowledge of development practices of integration technologies.
• In-depth experience in leading and managing projects and engagements. Familiar with structured Project Management methodologies.
• Ability to communicate technical information clearly and articulately.
• Domain knowledge in the insurance industry.
• Experience using Agile methodology.
• Experience with Spring Boot and Redhat OpenShift cloud.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Experience in design, develop & testing of enterprise Java/J2ee applications.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS/NON-ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
Junit Testing, Review design documents, Coordinate with Business Analyst, Team Leads.
Java Enterprise Editions JEE
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.