CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Data Architect - Enterprise Applications in Hamilton Township, New Jersey
Data Architect - Enterprise Applications
CGI-experience the commitment
Find similar career opportunities
Category:Business Consulting, Strategy and Digital Transformation
City:Hamilton Township, New Jersey, United States
Employment Type:Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
The Enterprise Data Architect is responsible for aligning the future state enterprise information architecture with the corporate strategy. This role collaborates with enterprise architects, partners with solution architects and subject matter experts from cross-functional Business and IT areas. This position collaborates with several Business and IT roles supporting data, analytics, and data integration work.
This role collaborates with Business and IT leadership stakeholders to drive transformational efforts by aligning technology and data assets that service our members in a seamless and integrated manner across all product lines.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work cross-functionally
• Extensive expertise in Oracle or MS SQLServer or MySQL database, as well as data modeling, both logical and physical; expertise with the Amazon AWS platform would be beneficial.
• Extensive experience in multidimensional data modeling, such as star schemas, snowflakes, normalized and de-normalized models, handling “slow-changing” dimensions/attributes.
• Exceptional ability to effectively communicate with technical and Business colleagues and make complex ideas understood.
• Extensive experience providing practical direction on information and analytics platforms in conjunction with EDW tools and technologies.
• Experience using with project management using agile methodologies.
• Experience in Operational Data Store and data integration processes/procedures.
• Experience with Data Warehouse and BI systems; extensive experience for collecting Business requirements from customers, and transform the requirements into DB data processes and data schema.
• Problem solving – uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions. Probes various sources for answers, and leverages existing best practices when can. Will look beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop when faced with obstacles.
• Action Oriented – Enjoys working hard and is full of energy for things that are seen as challenging.
• Peer relationships – Can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all with minimum noise; is a team player and gains trust and support of peers. Encourages collaboration and can be candid with leadership and peers.
• Deals with ambiguity – can effectively cope and change, shifting gears comfortably and without upset when things are uncertain.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Plays a leadership role in the definition and execution of the Information Management roadmap.
• Supports Enterprise Data Architecture roadmap by managing architectural runway for enterprise data model, enterprise data store/warehouse, information management, and advanced data analytics capabilities.
• Provides data architecture thought leadership to cross-functional teams in the areas of advanced data techniques, including data modeling, data access, data integration, data visualization, data discovery, statistical methods, database design and implementation.
• Partners with Business stakeholders, management, and teams to identify needs and guide the delivery of cost-effective, high-performance technology capabilities leveraging enterprise information architecture principles and core data assets.
• Practices self-leadership and promotes learning in others by soliciting and acting on performance feedback.
• Establishes collaborative, cross-functional relationships; communicating information and providing advice to drive enterprise data architecture decisions forward.
• Adapts to competing demands and new responsibilities, providing feedback to others, including upward feedback to leadership.
• Influences, mentors and coaches team members, and fostering open dialogue amongst team members.
• Additional duties as assigned.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Demonstrated leader capable of partnering / driving Business and technology colleagues in establishing a highly functioning governance model.
• A minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible experience in information/data architecture, during which both professional and management capabilities have been clearly demonstrated, preferably in the healthcare industry.
• Excellent negotiation skills
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
Have you been referred by a CGI Member for this position?* Yes No
CGI member’s email (@cgi.com) *
I agree to allow CGI to contact the CGI member who referred me to obtain additional information about my application and to confirm my referral. *
* This field is required.
CGI is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and to compliance with US laws and regulations. Click here at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEOPolicy-Signed2017.pdf to access our US EEO/Affirmative action policy.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws:
EPPA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf
FMLA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmlaen.pdf
Consolidated EEO Is The Law at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEO_Poster.pdf
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at http://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.